Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Non Military German Side Arms

Article about: Hi All, I have started this thread with a view to fellow edged weapon collectors and me to facilitate the display and talk about German side arms of a non military type to include sporting a

?

Quote by stingray View Post
    Beautiful daggers Ryan as usually,a specially the Weyersberg Hirschfanger, that's rare beast etch,i love it.
    The Red Cross hewer made only Klaas and Luneschloss IMO.
    Never heard on Eickhorn or any other maker to make these, but everything is possible.
    Fact is Ivan that its available in their cataloque, im trying to find out if they were only distributing or even producing..
    Non Military German Side ArmsNon Military German Side Arms

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Non Military German Side Arms
    P
    Many

Hi Michael, an Unorthodox thread, complete with excellent presentation, a pleasure to see as usual .

Hi SK, Thank you for your kind words and for following the thread. If you want to add anything, please feel free!!!

With thanks regards and best wishes Michael R

Hi Ger, Thank you for your input!! You lit a fire under my backside and, in the hope of finding a little squirrel, I stripped my hewer but alas it is unmarked other than the grip slabs. Sorry that it did not have a squirrel!!

Cheers Michael R

Internal Hilt details of Item 09.

ITEM 10. Railway Officer's Dagger (First Model).

About 45 years ago, I purchased a “First Model Railway Officer’s Dagger with a black grip. A couple of years later, I purchased a second dagger of the same pattern. Both came from trusted sources and both were entitled “Railway Dagger”. At that time most, if not all of my fellow dagger collectors accepted these items at face value and as titled. It is only since joining this Forum that I have become aware of the controversy as to not only the title but even of the existence of this particular dagger. Whilst I am confident of there having been later pattern(s) of this dagger, I now wonder if the two in my collect are Railway Daggers, black hilted Army Daggers or just plain spurious?? In any event, I am not too worried one way or the other! Until someone can make and support a definitive statement, to me they are, as purchased, Railway daggers. All this said, I would be very interested in any opinions on either the daggers or the general subject. I have some opinions of my own on these daggers which I will keep to myself for now and see what comments the weapons evoke.

This dagger bears the trade mark Alexander Coppel of Solingen (ALCOSO) along side a set of scales and the initial “ACS”.

HILT

1. Grip. The grip is of black plastic with spiral grooves and ridges running low left to high right.
    2. Grip insignia. Not a feature on the weapon.
    3. Knuckle bow. Not a feature on this weapon.
    4. Pommel. The pommel on this weapon is in the form of plain domed disc cap of metal which has an internal screw thread into which the blade tang is inserted. The pommel has a pattern of vertical oak leaves around its central panel.
    5. Quillon block. The block, devoid of langets, is quite plain but elegant and terminates in rounded scroll typ ends. The obverse bears a National Eagle looking to its right. The reverse is devoid of a central device but is occasionally used as an escutcheon for the owner’s name or initials etc..
    6. Quillon finials. Not a feature on this weapon.
    7. Clam shell guard. Not a feature on this weapon.
    8. Serial numbers. None found.
    9. Hilt finish. Bright finish nickel plating.

BLADE

1. Finish. Plated plated steel.
    2. Etch. Not a feature on this weapon.
    3. Style. The blade on this weapon is of six sided flattened section and without fullers.

SCABBARD

1. Body. Manufactured in stippled steel with two scabbard bands and attached suspension rings.
    2. Chape. Plain in the form of a stylised cap and with a rounded base.
    3. Locket. Not a feature on this weapon.
    4. Scabbard finish. Bright finish nickel plating.

ITEM 11. Railway Officer's Dagger (First Model).

This dagger bears the trade mark of Weyersberg Kirschbaum and Cie of Solingen (WKC) along with a Knight's Helmet surmounting a "W".

All descriptive informationl and comments concerning this dagger can be found detailed under Item 10.

W