MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Npea Burgsmuller dagger...need for help

Article about: Hi all...i saw this Npea dagger for sale...it's heavily worn and i was told that the frog doesn't belong to this dagger i've read the interesting good of mr. Weinand but i'm still Can you he

Default Npea Burgsmuller dagger...need for help

Hi all...i saw this Npea dagger for sale...it's heavily worn and i was told that the frog doesn't belong to this dagger
    i've read the interesting good of mr. Weinand but i'm still Can you help me to check its autenticity??
    many thanks
    Npea Burgsmuller dagger...need for helpNpea Burgsmuller dagger...need for helpNpea Burgsmuller dagger...need for helpNpea Burgsmuller dagger...need for helpNpea Burgsmuller dagger...need for helpNpea Burgsmuller dagger...need for helpNpea Burgsmuller dagger...need for helpunexpert on those daggers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Npea Burgsmuller dagger...need for help
    P
    Many

Issued by NPEA Koslin. Have seen K 110, K 22. These were early pieces with nickel guards and type 1 burgsmuller TM, like the K 110 you show. The crossguard marking font identical to yours. Have seen a later piece from Koslin with type 2 Burgsmuller TM and ali guards, issue K 145.
    Dagger you show is original, but as you say the frog is not NPEA but K98 pattern.

An original and fairly scarce dagger, but in Extremely Poor condition. I would not have this in my collection unless it was Very cheaply priced. And, yes-I agree, the frog is from a K98 bayonet. Who knows who put it there and when,though.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree with the other gentlemen, this example looks period but the condition leaves much to be desired. If the price is cheap, it would be OK but I believe any genuine NPEA dagger will have a high price.

Did you end up picking it up,Luca?
    William

thanks for your help..i still didn't pick it up..the seller has an high request
    1400 english pounds are too much...i'll try tio make a lower offer ..if he will accept i'll make you know )

at last i took it...he made some discount...on the reverse of the frog the name Magnus Feddersen Npea Koslin...may be the owner? hard to see on photo but there's also roman letters III / 9
    Attachment 1027504Npea Burgsmuller dagger...need for help
    Last edited by lucabrnroma; 12-12-2016 at 07:19 PM.

There's a SS Untersturmfurher n.311432 Magnus Feddersen...born in 1919...may be still alive

97 years old? Abit hopeful....lol
    William

Ahahah May be also that he didn t survive the war...but that was a strong generation )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast