Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

NPEA Student Dagger - Need Opinions...

Article about: Thx Billy! thats what i like about this forum, there's always someone outhere who did the research, or paid his lesson with hard cash. The willingness to share this knownledge is the base of

?

Default Re: NPEA Student Dagger - Need Opinions...

Thx Billy!

thats what i like about this forum, there's always someone outhere who did the research, or paid his lesson with hard cash.
    The willingness to share this knownledge is the base of a vital collecting community!
    Im not into the NPEA daggers, was aware that there are some amazing fakes around, and just avoid these...
    First that stroke me were the engraved/tooled insription on the crossguard, a dead giveaway.

Thx Again!

Cheers Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NPEA Student Dagger - Need Opinions...
    P
    Many

?

Very informative thread.
    Valuable knowledge shared and said knowledge preventing some from buying 'carp' daggers.

Well done that man (and everybody else who pitched in about this one).

The dagger forum is grateful to have Billy G and Fred, for their extra sharp eyes . The motto etching itself is a challenge.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It baffles me how well some of these fakes are made. I found this example, which admittedly does not claim to be original, but it also doesn't say it's a reproduction. In the off chance it's real, I'd like to know and this clearly is the place to find out! I've never laid eyes on a NPEA before but one sure would look nice next to my NSKK and SA daggers.

NPEA Student Dagger - Need Opinions...NPEA Student Dagger - Need Opinions...NPEA Student Dagger - Need Opinions...NPEA Student Dagger - Need Opinions...NPEA Student Dagger - Need Opinions...

I would like to comment in reply to this post that the question of Reddick's repro' blades was openly discussed at a Max Show seminar, at one of the early shows about twenty years back. Rex Reddick was present and responded to the request that he have his repro blades marked "Germany", or some such other give-away. Rex declined, saying that the problem was not with him, but with collectors and dealers who buy his repro blades and fit them to original parts, but do not disclose this when passing them on. So, as it was then so it is now - caveat emptor !

?

Hi Naptime,

if you want a cheap fake next to your SA & NSKK daggers then be my guest.
    The one you show is bad M8, real bad...

Ger

Aside from the blade, the fit & finish of the above posted dagger differ materially from period originals. The best way to identify questionable items is to buy books on the subject & familiarize yourself with the genuine article in-hand. Short of that, you're taking a tremendous chance on getting stung with a fake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2