Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Often mistaken for a wartime blade, yet postwar...

Article about: These are often encountered listed for sale as Wartime Trench Knives....Here we have the 1954 Advert proving otherwise... Just a friendly tip for my fellow collectors to be aware of... cheer

Default Often mistaken for a wartime blade, yet postwar...

These are often encountered listed for sale as Wartime Trench Knives....Here we have the 1954 Advert proving otherwise... Just a friendly tip for my fellow collectors to be aware of...
    cheers, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Often mistaken for a wartime blade, yet postwar...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Often mistaken for a wartime blade, yet postwar...
    P
    Many

?

I remember these in magazines when I was a kid in the 50s.
    A cousin of mine bought one and killed every watermelon in his neighbors garden.
    My aunt confiscated his knife after that. Don't know what ever became of it. He mowed 4 lawns to get the money.

I wonder how many idiots actually tried to drive their $3.95 knife through a half a dollar...(Of course, back Then, they were made of Silver, so who knows?)
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I remember those too when I see them I think of a story my own dad told about a dagger he didn't get home unfortunately he described it as a eagle's claw holding a ball onetime I had him draw a picture of it from his memory and it resembled a army officers dagger from the crossguard down the top and handle resembled the pictured piece above I showed him a army dagger and he said that was it except it didn't have a eagle claw on the top. I sent the picture to Tom Johnson and he said he was unable to identify it and it could have been some type of prototype. Dad was in the Saar region at that time and he said he found the dagger lying around with no scabbard and a blank starter pistol (automatic) he said he put the starter pistol in his pocket and left the dagger in the building which was a old flour mill so we will never know. So I always wanted one of them Glenn shows in the ad. timothy

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I wonder how many idiots actually tried to drive their $3.95 knife through a half a dollar...(Of course, back Then, they were made of Silver, so who knows?)
    But if it's in print it has to be true. Isn't that what they said before the internet?

They sell them quite often for cheap on eBay,Timothy....so, if you play your cards right, you could Still have one!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Well, they didn't say "a half dollar" but "a coin the size of a half dollar"... and somehow forgot to mention that they meant a chocolate coin.