Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ok, going out on a limb here... but is this any kind of a significant TR period knife?

Article about: The seller bills it as a TR period or earlier knife. Reibert should be able to shed some light on this? This is a pic of the knife in the ad, the tip looks like it's seen better days... Mine

Default Ok, going out on a limb here... but is this any kind of a significant TR period knife?

The seller bills it as a TR period or earlier knife. Reibert should be able to shed some light on this? This is a pic of the knife in the ad, the tip looks like it's seen better days... Mine is marked

Ok, going out on a limb here... but is this any kind of a significant TR period knife?

Vintage Clauberg Solengin Throwing Knife WW1 WW2 Third Reich German Military | eBay

I'm sure it's not military but is it TR period?

The only reason I ask is because I've had one of these for years, with sheath. Picked it up somewhere because I liked it and never gave it a second thought. If it is TR I'd include it with my other items, if not then it stays where it is in my knife collection.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ok, going out on a limb here... but is this any kind of a significant TR period knife?
    P
    Many

Looks like it may have been either a sword or a bayonet-blade that's been re-worked (Notice the Blood-Groove), it certainly isn't an official Wehrmacht Issue Item...
    cheers, Glenn

I believe this is a currently or recently made throwing knife, not TR related at all, he is just trying to bump the price up as much as he can.
    Ralph.
    P.S. Glenn, I can't see any signs of a blood groove. I believe the marks right at the blade/tang juncture is just the method of grinding to transfer from a diamond shaped blade to a flat handle.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, just part of the transition of the tang into the blade. My question was;

"I'm sure it's not military but is it TR period?"

"TR" is too broad and possibly misleading, maybe "pre 1945" would be a better description.

Not an item I would spend money on...too dubious, not Military Issue...I see better things to buy out there, lol...
    Glenn

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Yes, just part of the transition of the tang into the blade. My question was;

"I'm sure it's not military but is it TR period?"

"TR" is too broad and possibly misleading, maybe "pre 1945" would be a better description.
    Or maybe "pre millenium" is more accurate......
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm not trying to buy it, I clearly outlined in my original post why I have an interest.

Just looking for info from knife collectors who are familiar with these old Solingen made throwing knives, probably for young boys would be my guess.

Quote by Larboard View Post
    I'm not trying to buy one.

Just looking for info from knife collectors who are familiar with these old Solingen made throwing knives, probably for young boys.
    I don't really think it is that old.
    (I have some knowledge in this field, I have over 700 knives in my collection, not including TR. I make them as well)
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Friedrich Clauberg and Sohn
    Est. 1898
    1913 produced ,,Wares,, scissors, Knives , pen and pocket knives..." cut and Thrust Knives "
    1922-37 produced wares, scissors and straight Razors.

This company was not a NSDAP sanctioned producer during the Third Reich.
    Yet there is truth in the " Cut and Thrust Knives " knives noted above

Upon closer examination of the some type of logo on the blade..this knife IMO is Post war produced. Through the pixelation it appears the English spelling of Germany is present.

There were also other Clauberg producers listed below of producing small cutlery items :

Carl Clauberg
    Heinrich Clauberg
    Ernst Clauberg

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-04-2015 at 03:51 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thx Larry, this is the info I was looking for. Mine is by a different maker, can't quite make all of it out, I thought it was Stilleto, but it's something that ends in ELLO (Othello) with a squirrel or similar and you can see the end of Solingen. the maker's mark is etched, not roll stamped.

No offense Ralph, but how does the knife in the guy's ad look anything like "a currently or recently made throwing knife"?

The knife easily looks old enough to be from the 40's, and so does mine. I've got a raft of WWII fighting knives that are in better shape or could pass for newer to the casual viewer. Mine has been sharpened and has the most wicked edge, infinitely better than me Heer Kampfmesser. Not sure if that means it might be post war and they had better steel at their disposal than they did pre 1945, or the opposite.

Anyway, not a big deal, it was just a question about a fairly inconsequential item. Like said I in my original post, I've never given mine much of a second thought, but my curiosity was peaked when I saw the one listed. It's obviously old, and made in Germany so I figured I'd ask.

It could easily be post war, maybe 50's or 60's?

It wouldn't be in my collection if it was old.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast