Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on 2nd model railway dagger

Article about: hello all i found this for sale have been reading and looking at lots of pictures but still some actual experts thoughts would be great. What are the thoughts on this piece? The lack of scab

Default Opinions on 2nd model railway dagger

hello all i found this for sale have been reading and looking at lots of pictures but still some actual experts thoughts would be great. What are the thoughts on this piece? I havent even be able to find a fake one to compare it to. The lack of scabbard screw bothers me but otherwise it looks ok other than being real shiny aka new looking im not sure what else.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on 2nd model railway dagger   Opinions on 2nd model railway dagger  

Opinions on 2nd model railway dagger   Opinions on 2nd model railway dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on 2nd model railway dagger
    P
    Many

?

Is this on Ebay? I've seen a bunch of these sell with the same magazine as a back drop. I recall some gents talking about the many fake daggers this guy has sold recently.

Quote by 223rem View Post
    Is this on Ebay? I've seen a bunch of these sell with the same magazine as a back drop. I recall some gents talking about the many fake daggers this guy has sold recently.
    it is. the portapee looked aged i thought but he also hasnt responded to request for more pictures so i was leary of it anyway

?

If he's not sending good pictures, or doesn't accept returns then run away fast. If a deal is to good to be true, it probably is. Buying from a dealer is much safer.

?

I found the ad, he never says it's from the TR period. Just that it's 'original', which means nothing so ebay/ pay pal ect wont help you if you got burned because he didn't technically lie.

If they won't give additional photos, walk away, usually means something to hide. In this case the poor photos do show a discrepancy in that the blade seems in rough and pitted condition while the scabbard and hilt parts are in very good condition. How logical is it that the blade would be in poorer condition than the scabbard? The suspicion must be a parts construction with possible reproduction bits.

Yes I thought so too many red flags. Also bidding went way up with shill bids total scam. If it stayed cheap enough th portapee I thought looked good tho

?

Quote by grayparatrooper View Post
    Yes I thought so too many red flags. Also bidding went way up with shill bids total scam. If it stayed cheap enough th portapee I thought looked good tho
    Welcome to the forum by the way. Anderson brings up super points.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Personally I would leave it where it is..... No additional Photos is usually a bad sign.
    It also looks like the blade has been reassembled back to front at some point.