Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pocket knife

Article about: Hello i wanna add knife to my breadbad and i find something like that Its period one? No markings on knife. Many thanks for any help Regards Mariusz

Default Pocket knife

Hello i wanna add knife to my breadbad and i find something like that
    Its period one? No markings on knife.
    Pocket knife
    Pocket knife

Many thanks for any help

Regards Mariusz

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pocket knife
    P
    Many

A fairly common knife thought to be, and likely was used by electricians, possibly engineers. Could be period, possibly not. Not really any way to tell IMO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I found the same knife with description "It is a post war Bundeswehr knife in decent used condition" anyway thanks for reply Ralph
    German Knife M ELDI

?

For comparison, here is an example I picked up about 10 years ago. Was described as electricians knife, as mentioned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pocket knife   Pocket knife  

Great Post Mariusz..and thankyou Weller for the updated version of this electricians knife as Ralph stated.

Looking at the Lion Logo itself..appears to be from the Lauterjung "Pumawerk : producer ..Lauterjung and Son. ( Currently still in operation today )

My thoughts would lean on it being from this producer..as they have a few different types of Puma and Lion Logos. I would assume that the Lion logo would be protected under patent. Correct me someone if Im wrong or please post more data concerning this company.

I support Ralphs comments also being unsure of a time frame in which your knife was produced. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Here is cable knife in context. It was part of the Nachrichtentasche contents for field phone units. The war time and post war knives are pretty much the same. I have seen Bundeswehr examples with a chain attached. Replicas of these exist too but they are of inferior quality. NH

Pocket knife

BTW, the odd looking tool with the pouch pictured above is a Universalwerkzeug or universal tool. It was used by both pioneer and field phone units to my knowledge. It has 7 tool types in one piece. NH