Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Police bayonet by Eickhorn

Article about: Please let me know what you think of this one. I know the frog does not belong with it but this is how it came to me. Anzel

Hi Dan thanks for sharing and showing a piece of history..you are now a teacher on the forum Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police bayonet by Eickhorn
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Anzel View Post
    Close up photo of the police insignia.

Lovely!!

Ger

Another nice example Dan

This is one of the type made specifically as a dress bayonet and not capable of being fitted to a rifle. For anyone who doesn't know you can tell from the picture that there is no spring loaded release button (therefore no slot) in the handle. Marked I believe for Schuttzpolizei Gumbinnen District formerly in East Prussia and now in Poland/Russia since the Russians moved countries around to suit them after the war.

By the way, the marks on these bayonets are pre-war and not Nazi which I think makes them all the more historically interesting.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2