Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Police Bayonet opinions please

Article about: Please comment on this slotted police bayonet by WKC. Annoyed from this ads?   Thanks z4 Merry Xmas to all.

Default Police Bayonet opinions please

Please comment on this slotted police bayonet by WKC.

Thanks z4

Merry Xmas to all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Bayonet opinions please   Police Bayonet opinions please  

Police Bayonet opinions please   Police Bayonet opinions please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Bayonet opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Hello
    seems to be good, IMO
    not issued....
    cordially
    Didier

?

Looks like a good one to me. Very nice condition!

Jim

This WKC is a reproduction, sorry although it's well done considering it's post-1945. The grip plates on this example appear to be more recent stag although some of this type of reproduction have shown wood plates. Maker's marks are not quite correct & the entire hilt assembly is not detailed enough, probably cast from an original. The scabbards on some of these are period, some are not. I've seen this type of reproduction in both slotted & nonslotted variety.

I don't know when this line of reproductions originated but they have been around since at least the 1990's. They used to appear on Eban & occasionally on dealers' sites but not as much anymore. There are at least a few threads on this exact type of reproduction on GD.com (in the BCN forum) & on WAF. Don't have the time to link them now as I'm running late, sorry. Will try to later.

I thought this was ok but it just goes to show you cant beat getting advise from other collectors, this one came with some other bayonets I acquired I think there is a couple more police bayonets I will post later.

z4
    Last edited by zephyr4; 12-22-2014 at 04:59 PM.

?

Quote by Billy G View Post
    This WKC is a reproduction, sorry although it's well done considering it's post-1945. The grip plates on this example appear to be more recent stag although some of this type of reproduction have shown wood plates. Maker's marks are not quite correct & the entire hilt assembly is not detailed enough, probably cast from an original. The scabbards on some of these are period, some are not. I've seen this type of reproduction in both slotted & nonslotted variety.

I don't know when this line of reproductions originated but they have been around since at least the 1990's. They used to appear on Eban & occasionally on dealers' sites but not as much anymore. There are at least a few threads on this exact type of reproduction on GD.com (in the BCN forum) & on WAF. Don't have the time to link them now as I'm running late, sorry. Will try to later.
    Wow, the more I think I have a handle on police bayonets, the less it appears I do! I study every one I can lay my eyes on and still I have trouble fitting all the fine details into the proper context. I had a basket case years ago and traded it off in hopes of finding a better one, then kids came along and still haven't picked one up. One still in college and one yet to go, after that, I plan on having several. I hope to have a better eye by then. Billy, are there any good books on police bayo's? Everything I have just touches on the subject and doesn't go into great detail.

This one had me fooled, especially have the appearance of a cut down blade. The grips have the appearance of one posted earlier that I didn't like, but turned out to be OK. After looking back at the Weyersberg mark, after you pointed it out, it does look shaky. Again, I would appreciate any direction that you could point me to help educate myself further.

Jim

?

I am pretty sure and concur and agree that this is a repro bayo. Found an old link and here are some other picks from an original WKC. The repro one shown the eagles feathers and details are off in my estimation. Hope this helps in our review. If a repro it is done fairly well. Getting harder to tell.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...-wkc-327956-2/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Police Bayonet opinions please   Police Bayonet opinions please  

"It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

The detailing of the oakleaves are an immediate red flag. Compare them to an original and they look Drastically different. The feathers, as already mentioned, are also markedly off. They're getting closer, but cigar...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

I have a real good handle on combat bayonets. I have a real deep interest in bayonets in general and have studied and HANDLED thousands. Books and the internet can educate you to the point you'll have an idea of what you are looking at when you find it, but hands on is the only way, I feel, that you can really know what you are dealing with. In my little corner of the world, I've come across maybe three police bayonets. I look forward to owning several of these in the future, so I will keep participating in these threads and hopefully I will learn something every time one is posted.

Jim

Very Interesting, that is a very deceptive example, I have a WKC bayo and all of the proper detail is there, comparing it to the OP bayo its clear to see the differences.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast