Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Police Bayonet opinions please

Article about: Please comment on this slotted police bayonet by WKC. Annoyed from this ads?   Thanks z4 Merry Xmas to all.

I believe the smaller, steel rivets were used in the Weimar period & are quite distinct from the larger 3R aluminum rivets. I agree that the rivets on this recently posted example look like they have been there forever.

Just taking what I see from the most recent example, the rivets could be fine if the period grip emblem that's missing was a Weimar star. It would be odd that the blade was cut without the emblem being redone but I have seen this previously where some elements were redone to 3R specs (clamshell removed, blade cut, grip emblem replaced) without other elements being performed. I can't say why this is but perhaps it might just come down to period bureaucracy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police Bayonet opinions please
    P
    Many

?

So, were Weimar era rivets nickel plated steel, aluminum or both?

Jim

I do not like the engraving of the maker, the letters in different size and order, I think it's a reproduction

I'm pretty sure the Weimar bayonets used steel plated rivets exclusively. The 3R produced bayonets that I own & have seen have all had aluminum rivets.

Quote by Josh Norton View Post
    I do not like the engraving of the maker, the letters in different size and order, I think it's a reproduction
    Alcoso had over 40 logo variants..of all shapes and sizes which right now...trying to find the post where I placed that image of the entire logo variants is escaping me..including the Scotch Im drinking right now . ( Christmas Cheer )
    I am not refuting your claim of this being a bad logo..and there may be a possibility..of that..but a process of elimination must be handled first...by comparing the logo above..with the other variants. I forgot which thread i placed it on..and my source reference on Alcosos logos are not presently within my reach. This is a great thread Gents . Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Although this bayonet has issues, I don't think the blade is a reproduction. The Alcoso logos might be a little soft from someone steel wooling the blade. Even if the logos look off, two other things look pretty good to me which also lead me to think the blade is period, the unit stamping on the crossguard & the hilt itself. The unit stamping appears correct in font & style, something the fakers often don't get quite right. Also, the hilt is unique to Alcoso.

Although this isn't dispositive, if this item is a reproduction that it seems that someone went through an extraordinary amount of effort to make something that wouldn't bring in the dollars if sold. Just my thoughts this early morning.

Merry Christmas all.

My apologies saying there were over 40 logo variants..as I knew this producer had nearly that much...but technically 30 as of what my source reference provides to date..and less Christmas Scotch this evening. Below are the Logo variants used by Alexander Coppel

Police Bayonet opinions please Police Bayonet opinions please
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3