Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Police short bayonet E. Pack - ask for help

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to ask you to help me identify if this short police bayonet is good one or not. There is still lack of information on net regarding this I think late version. Thank you

?

Default Police short bayonet E. Pack - ask for help

Hi guys,
    I would like to ask you to help me identify if this short police bayonet is good one or not. There is still lack of information on net regarding this I think late version.
    Thank you, Mike

Police short bayonet E. Pack - ask for helpPolice short bayonet E. Pack - ask for helpPolice short bayonet E. Pack - ask for helpPolice short bayonet E. Pack - ask for helpPolice short bayonet E. Pack - ask for helpPolice short bayonet E. Pack - ask for helpPolice short bayonet E. Pack - ask for helpPolice short bayonet E. Pack - ask for help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Police short bayonet E. Pack - ask for help
    P
    Many

I have to say that I do not care for it. The eagle head and the guard are Extremely crude and cast in appearance. Not what I would have expected to see with an E.Pack piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi Mike, I am inclined to agree with Wagriff on your side arm. The blade and scabbard look real to me and from a standard military walking out side arm, but I have my doubts about the hilt. The grip slabs appear to be ill fitting and the grip eagle looks a bit odd? The lack of definition on the hilt casting, could be down to being a very late production piece?? Or a poor mold and casting made from a real weapon? All of the Police weapons which I have seen/handled, tend to be of far higher quality. My advice would be, if the item is cheap and you are happy to take the risk, then buy it. However, if you do, you may have a job selling it for the reasons stated above. When all is said and done and without positive identification, buyer beware.
    It would be interesting to hear other opinions, particularly if they are favorable.

Cheers Michael R

?

Dear William and Michael,
    thank you for help and evaluation, this time I will avoid to buy it will save money for something else.
    Mike

?

Quote by mike1 View Post
    Dear William and Michael,
    thank you for help and evaluation, this time I will avoid to buy it will save money for something else.
    Mike
    Great call! Not a good piece
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

don't ring my bell either.

I agree with you gentlemen, this bayonet is a poor attempt at creating a Polizei bayonet. It is probably a combination of a few period parts (scabbard & blade) cobbled together with some likely reproductions (hilt & grip eagle, at the least). Period Pack bayonets look nothing like this.