Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Proper storage of daggers.

Article about: Hello colleagues. Until a few days ago, my collection of daggers sat on a wooden cabinet. Then I bought a display case to better display the daggers and keep them from getting covered in dus

?

Default Proper storage of daggers.

Hello colleagues.
    Until a few days ago, my collection of daggers sat on a wooden cabinet. Then I bought a display case to better display the daggers and keep them from getting covered in dust. The daggers are now arranged on a glass shelf. My question is, do the metal scabbards or the leather scabbards oxidize or react in any way when in contact with the glass? Can daggers be damaged in any way during long-term storage on glass?
    Thanks Georgi.Proper storage of daggers.Proper storage of daggers.Proper storage of daggers.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Proper storage of daggers.
    P
    Many

Glass is ineffective and will not interact with the daggers.
    Glass does not hold moisture...but glass collects dust and you may want to periodically wipe down the daggers and blade.

Other than that...I see no issues with glass.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Have had my daggers and edged dress swords on glass for years in a sealed cabinet. Never had issues.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Same here. I have my blades in a closed glass cabinet. Some laying flat and some on stands. Never had a problem
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

I agree as well. My mentor had a glass cabinet which he displayed his daggers and other items in. I enjoy all through childhood looking through the glass at his wonderful daggers.

I purchased the case and some of his daggers and still enjoy today. So the daggers have been in that case for 50 years with no ill effects. Glass is wonderful for display and protection IMO. Just dust and clean fingerprints from glass.

Tim

?

Thanks for the opinions. They are useful for me.
    Now all that remains is to make lighting for these showcases.
    Regards Georgi.