Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Puma fighting-knife

Article about: Thx. ! I hope, I´ll get also one with the different blade in the future ! Rgds., R.

Default Re: Puma fighting-knife

Thx. !

I hope, I´ll get also one with the different blade in the future !

Rgds.,

R.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Puma fighting-knife
    P
    Many

?

I am not an expert, but never seen this type of knives. Rare, I think. And very nice contition!
    //respect for the idea of the "politocally correct" composition of the relics//

Hi, Elnar !

This Pattern fighting-knife isn´t that rare ...

A lot of them, for example, dicovered in Skandinavia in, and, after ´45.
    BTW, not only "PUMA´s", no, also huge numbers of other fighting-knive´s, they´ve been used in the Wehrmacht.
    Among them numbers of fighting-knive´s, "captured" from other countrie´s, (f.e., the "Vengeur" ...).

Undoubtedly the PUMA is very collectible, but , the Infanteriemesser 42, (or other German knive´s of WWII), also.

Rgds.,

R.

Were fighting knives a standard issue to most or all front line troops? If not all, what percent likley had them? Or were they a limited issue to trooops given out as needed and then after the need ended, were the knives gathered up and returned to stores?

I have seen these in a few pictures, but I have not seem lots of soldiers with them. However, I tend to look at WW1 photos more, and these knives if clipped intot he jacket front may be hard to see
    thansk
    Jagdhorn

Quote by jagdhorn View Post
    Were fighting knives a standard issue to most or all front line troops? If not all, what percent likley had them? Or were they a limited issue to trooops given out as needed and then after the need ended, were the knives gathered up and returned to stores?

I have seen these in a few pictures, but I have not seem lots of soldiers with them. However, I tend to look at WW1 photos more, and these knives if clipped intot he jacket front may be hard to see
    thansk
    Jagdhorn
    Your Questions are not easy to answer for me.
    The "Infanteriemesser 42", for example, was introduced in 1942.
    I read, that only a few units of the Wehrmacht were issued completely with such knives.
    Other units received only a number of them.
    Also I heard, that not only "special"-units were issued with fighting-knive´s, also "rear"-units were issued with them.

In 1942, and later, probably there´re far to few fighting-knive´s manufactured and the departement of aquisition surely had some problems, to equip all the units of the Wehrmacht under a detailed system.
    I assume, the troops in the Wehrmacht were distributed with fighting-knive´s in a non-selective way then.

Images of German soldiers, wearing fighting-knive´s, manufactured during WWII, are rare.

My English isn´t that proper but I hope, you know, what I tried to say ?

Rgds.,

R.

thanks! I belive I dd understnad you very well. Could you show the pattern 42 messer when you get a chance?
    Jagdhorn

Quote by jagdhorn View Post
    ... Could you show the pattern 42 messer when you get a chance?
    Hi !

Here´re some examples of the "Infanteriemesser 42", (Infantry-knife 1942 pattern).

Most of them were´nt maker-marked.
    Examples showing the logo of the maker, (or the maker´s-code), are more desirable !

I also like heavy used fighting-knive´s, showing the "been there, done that-look" or pieces, there´re dicovered in any cellar´s or attic´s after decades ...

Rgds.,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Puma fighting-knife   Puma fighting-knife  

Puma fighting-knife   Puma fighting-knife  

Here´re some images of an Infanteriemesser 42, showing the "Bowie-Style blade":
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Puma fighting-knife   Puma fighting-knife  

Puma fighting-knife  

thanks!
    that was a big help!!
    Jagdhorn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2