Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PUMA fighting knife for rewiev

Article about: Hi guys, I just bought this PUMA fighting knife today from a private seller. I will pick it up tomorrow, so this is sellers pictures ! Sellers grandfather had it from the war together with a

Default PUMA fighting knife for rewiev

Hi guys,

I just bought this PUMA fighting knife today from a private seller. I will pick it up tomorrow, so this is sellers pictures !
    Sellers grandfather had it from the war together with a bunch of guns and other knives . It was found after his death in his house.
    I know it is not prestine, and I am in doubt if I should clean it just a bit or not. The attic dust and rust are not war time anyway I think it deserves a little touch up, what do you think ??
    I am not familiar with prices on these items, and have not been able to find any to compare with on the net, but I payed 200 euros, I think it is fair, but......??

Hope you like it, and I will post more pics when in hand

MFG
    Marc
    PUMA fighting knife for rewievPUMA fighting knife for rewievPUMA fighting knife for rewievPUMA fighting knife for rewievPUMA fighting knife for rewiev

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement PUMA fighting knife for rewiev
    P
    Many

?

Hi Marc,

Like this piece as it sits. Salty for sure but under the rust & grime on the blade looks to be cross grain still present and could be pretty good. The scabbard there is not much you can do with. The bakelite handle and blade could be wiped if you want to clean it. I personally don't like to clean things but if you have active rust on a blade I have taken a small honed piece of stag / deer horn and worked the rust slowly with the tip of that with a little oil to knock down and remove rust. Bone is softer than the blade of course so it won't harm. You will get a dark spot but it is better than having the active rust. Anyway. Up to you. These are all over the board. I have seen them for $400, $800 and even one well known dealer has one for $1200. I do like the puma cat head marke above the puma solingen wording which is a little more rare to see. I would clean gently but would not polish blade or repaint scabbard. Just my opinion.

Many others have posted this knife on here I think. Here is the link to mine to compare. As far as what you paid...Only your comfort level will tell you but it is worth a couple hundred in my eyes in this condition.

Puma Fighting Boot Knife
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

Marc 200 euro's is cheap
    The blade in fact isnt that bad and im pretty sure that a few months in Ballistoil will clean the blade pretty well.
    After that perhaps a little SimiChrome, but Always follow the cross grain, otherwise you will hurt the grain.
    Next time use a higher resolution pics, these cant be maginified.

Regards,
    Ger

I agree with the guys. A gentle clean would be fine.

Nice buy.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks a lot guys :-)
    Rossi: you got a beauty there ;-)
    I will be careful when cleaning. I had never thought of polishing or anything like that :-0
    I've been a knife maker for many years, so I'm very careful with the cross grains, not to harm in any way ;-) I'll do a little cleaning and take it from there .
    Sorry about the pics, sellers pics !! I just couldn't wait posting it till I've taken my own ;-)

Mfg
    Marc

?

Quote by unimarc View Post
    Thanks a lot guys :-)
    Rossi: you got a beauty there ;-)
    I will be careful when cleaning. I had never thought of polishing or anything like that :-0
    I've been a knife maker for many years, so I'm very careful with the cross grains, not to harm in any way ;-) I'll do a little cleaning and take it from there .
    Sorry about the pics, sellers pics !! I just couldn't wait posting it till I've taken my own ;-)

Mfg
    Marc
    Good luck! Love it. Nice find!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

what are the other marks on it ?.

Nice example of the Puma type fighting knife. timothy

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    what are the other marks on it ?.
    It says : Fabrik (puma logo) Marke
    Below PUMA Solingen

That's all the marks I can see :-)
    But I will post own better pics shortly ;-)

Mfg
    Marc

Thanks all for your interest :-)

Nice knife, for sure! It should clean up great. Can't go wrong with a Puma of Any kind! I carried a stag handled Bowie Puma hunting for many a year!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast