Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Questionable internet sales

Article about: i have started this post because there are lots of daggers for sale on the net that are fake or at least questionable. To prevent yourself its better to ask advise before buying. Even the bi

?

Axium...saw you sent me a message on my website email as. As Michael states I would consider passing.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable internet sales
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Axium...saw you sent me a message on my website email as. As Michael states I would consider passing.
    And you're back!!!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Axium the answers are clear and correct, all published ones are bad.
    They also are right pointing out that we have published here more then enough reference material to compare with.
    If you take the time to look and study here you can easily find the answers you need.
    The ones you posted are realy the easy ones, and would be easy to spot.
    Just go the extra mile and study before buying, it will help you and your wallet a lot.
    Just type in the "advanced search" window ( top on the right) the maker and type of dagger and it will show you all posts regarding your search...
    Use the reference material here and dont hasitate asking if something is not clear.

Groet,
    Ger

BTW nice seeing you back Ross!!

?

well, i plan on reading alot on german daggers, and i appreciate the input of you all.

i would like to know why you guys don't like the 3 (well within my budget) blades. i know i am probable asking for some obvious things, but it isn't to difficult for you to note a reason why i shouldn't buy each of the three i posted is it?

obviously i'm not going to buy any one of them, but if you guys can spot a fake or otherwise bad example that fast you can tell me right?

i'm off reading, thanks again, but if you cold tell me some more on why these three are bad would be much appreciated even if it may be "staing th obvious".

have an nice day!

?

Look at the first 1 you posted: that should be a Honour dagger, start reading the SS & SA sections of the dagger forum about their honour daggers, then compare them with that awful fake that you posted.....just invest some time, the answers are all here.
    We invested our time as well, you got the right answersL: they are bad.......try to find out yourself why.....you can do that in 30 minutes..
    Take that time otherwise this will be an expensive hobby....

Ger

Quote by Axium View Post
    well, i plan on reading alot on german daggers, but it isn't too difficult for you to note a reason why i shouldn't buy each of the three i posted is it?

obviously i'm not going to buy any one of them, but if you guys can spot a fake or otherwise bad example that fast you can tell me right?
    ok to start...the knives shown above are recent repros..with the use of modern materials unequaled to the craftmanship performed during the period. The boot knife is recent..and most likely produced by Hammesfahr successor Bremer Wilkens as Hammesfahr closed in 1971. The other 2 especially the SS dagger is currently being sold worldwide in many gift shops..and mainly produced in China. All 3 knives are worth together $48 US .

The Bayonet has been messed with and is comprised of a mix of parts including being mishapen.

The value here is what was mentioned above..by reading and studying some of these threads that each of these items pertain to. I am sure those knives you posted are being offered by a heinous individual lacking any scruples..and selling them as real..so as the junk that they are,.. are also welcomed on this thread. The reason why these knives are within your budget is because of their true worth..which someone is testing the new collectors abilities ..to see how much they are lacking in knowledge. It is my hope that you take the advice offered by the Gentlemen above..and read through some of the threads as you had stated in your opening line above. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Never never NEVER buy replica "to fill a hole" in the collection. The replica will haunt you like a nitemare until you burn it with a flamethrower or get an original piece.

My 2 centavos worth

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    ok to start...the knives shown above are recent repros..with the use of modern materials unequaled to the craftmanship performed during the period. The boot knife is recent..and most likely produced by Hammesfahr successor Bremer Wilkens as Hammesfahr closed in 1971. The other 2 especially the SS dagger is currently being sold worldwide in many gift shops..and mainly produced in China. All 3 knives are worth together $48 US .

The Bayonet has been messed with and is comprised of a mix of parts including being mishapen.

The value here is what was mentioned above..by reading and studying some of these threads that each of these items pertain to. I am sure those knives you posted are being offered by a heinous individual lacking any scruples..and selling them as real..so as the junk that they are,.. are also welcomed on this thread. The reason why these knives are within your budget is because of their true worth..which someone is testing the new collectors abilities ..to see how much they are lacking in knowledge. It is my hope that you take the advice offered by the Gentlemen above..and read through some of the threads as you had stated in your opening line above. Regards Larry
    I knew there would be such obvious things wrong. it's quite hard to estimate the value if you are one of many punters bidding on these. the chinese gift shop one had 160 euro's as highest bid at the time, so i thought it may be worth something. most of that type of dagger i've seen for sale here range between 500-1500 euro(based on bids i've seen). also items with german nsdap related markings are often deleted from auction sites very fast. some people don't understand history, and are still offended.

TrondK: your 2 cents may be worth alot someday for someone.

I'll be back to waste your time once i feel i've wasted enough of mine allright? thanks for the pointers.

have a nice day!

Quote by Axium View Post
    I'll be back to waste your time once I feel I've wasted enough of mine allright? thanks for the pointers.
    Never a waste of time Axium..discussions such as these..drive this forum. Glad your here. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by Axium View Post
    I knew there would be such obvious things wrong. it's quite hard to estimate the value if you are one of many punters bidding on these. the chinese gift shop one had 160 euro's as highest bid at the time, so i thought it may be worth something. most of that type of dagger i've seen for sale here range between 500-1500 euro(based on bids i've seen). also items with german nsdap related markings are often deleted from auction sites very fast. some people don't understand history, and are still offended.

TrondK: your 2 cents may be worth alot someday for someone.

I'll be back to waste your time once i feel i've wasted enough of mine allright? thanks for the pointers.

have a nice day!
    Axium...Welcome to the Forum...As Larry stated never a waste of time. The Forum challenges you to look and relook again at things. I have been absent recently due to some family and career changes. I can tell you I started collecting at age 15 over 30+ years ago with My Grandfather. Don't even know 1/3 third of what I need to know but there is a wealth of amazing detail buried in this forum. My brothers here know my story. I call them brothers because of any group in the world today they truly care about each others collections, pocket books and being guardians of the hobby. I have hundreds of pieces and a couple warriors spotted a buckle and a couple daggers / knives I had that were cunning and missed repros. You can't know it all. I was able to return my purchases and the Forum Group saved me $2-3K due to their findings. I tell you this just to reassure you your metal and knowledge will be tested here but also will grow! It is the best group of collectors and experts. I have only been on here less than a year but feel as if these fellows are life time friends. There is a regard and professionalism here. Hope you feel it and can be a big part of it. Priceless I say!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast