Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Questionable internet sales

Article about: i have started this post because there are lots of daggers for sale on the net that are fake or at least questionable. To prevent yourself its better to ask advise before buying. Even the bi

?

Pssst... maybe he wasn't as serious as we think... *voices*

I totaly understand your comments, and haven't ever taken offence. don't worry, use smileys.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questionable internet sales
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Last bit of advice (at least for me). Unless and until you are truely well versed in spotting good from bad, stay away from the "bay". Yes, there may be a good one out there that you can snatch up but 99 out of 100 are bad.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thanks for the advice, my own experience with "the bay" aren't satisfactory as well. to much punters.

my budget is on the low side of the spectrum, so i try to know how to spot a gem in the mud. I've done a lot on reading about and remembering original makers marks, and have stopped searching for "theatre made" daggers. The latter ones are difficult to recognize for trained eyes. everything German is marked solingen or made in remscheid anyways.

the list in cutlery businesses in solingen even today is virtually endless.

Default Suspect SS Dagger!

Has anybody used a UK Dealer WW2 German Daggers ..... he appears to get a lot of stuff...
    I’ve noticed he has just sold a SS Chained Dagger with a bit of a suspect chain.
    I’m no expert, however it doesn’t ring right to me.. Log on their web-site and have a look, see what you think.🤔

?

Wrong forum, and the way you describe it is like a puzzle.

post it here

Then download pictures to your pc and post them, links are no good and vanish in time

Ger

Thanks ....

Hi, All of the pieces I have posted on this forum recently seem to have been well received (have a look) and with the exception of the Pack etched bayonet and the DRK Hewer I posted they all came from the dealer you mention. I don't know about SS daggers as there far too expensive for me and lots of traps from what I see if you don't really study them. Having said that on the whole I think he is one of the better and fairer UK dealers but like all of them he is not infallible, I don't believe he would deliberately deceive anyone but even the best dealers make mistakes and some with seemingly god like reputations are outright fraudsters! I don't think you will find any dealer anywhere who has only absolutely correct items or has never screwed up. It's down to us the collectors to do as much homework as possible and decide if something is right or not, also I know for a fact that he stands by his returns policy, does an excellent layaway scheme, has fairer prices than all other uk dealers and does good trade in business and he has held items for me that I wanted but didn't have even the deposit for for months before I could start to pay on layaway, once he knows you a bit and trusts you he will help you out. I would recommend him over many others.
    Regards, Andy.

Default Suspect SS Dagger

Not sure about this one.....my gut feeling
    Your views appreciated... Dagger has now been sold as 100% Genuine
    SS 1936 Type 11 Chained Dagger ( with DRGM under the cloverleaf link )
    Also the very crude deep stamped SS proof mark on the rear of chains.
    Sorry about quality of pictures.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Questionable internet sales   Questionable internet sales  

Questionable internet sales   Questionable internet sales  

Questionable internet sales   Questionable internet sales  

Parted junk

Take time to study this thread > Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types

The chain assembly alone is crap on the example that is being offered by that dealer.
    All it takes is one discrepancy ..one detail on these highly sought after ..highly faked because of it being sought after Chained SS daggers.

Dont waste your time and save your money.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hi Grofaz45 ... I agree with what you are saying.... however I have bought a dagger previously from him, when it arrived it was completely different as described on his web site.
    He did refund my money after I told him I wasn’t satisfied, but I did have to go into detail why I wasn’t, and itemise my concerns.
    I hand delivered the dagger back to him at one of the busy arms fairs .... I’m sure it could of got into a bit of an argument if nobody else was there listening our conversation.
    Any way I have been informed that the SS Chained on his web page is totally crap in more than one account.... but again this Dealer is selling it as genuine.
    He claims he’s a collector as well as a Dealer, and has been for 30 years or more ... well in my opinion he should know better..... You’ve been warned!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast