MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Assortment

Article about: Yes,they are my favorites also.Can you show us the officers RADs,please incl. trade marks? Stingray

?

Default RAD Assortment

Thought that this would peak some interest as there are various Rad Hewers/ Daggers to include EM & Officer also the various hangers. On the far right is the early Full Stag handle RAD Hewer with the early leather hanger and on the far left a RAD Officer dagger with a rare orange grip and a full hanger.
    Horst

RAD Assortment
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Assortment
    P
    Many

Default Re: RAD Assortment

Very nice grouping.
    could we see more pictures.
    chris

I love your RADS! do you by any chance know how long they made the full stags? do you have any unit marking on yours? I have a early Eickhorn double oval model, but without any unit markings, I would guess it would date late 34 early 35, I thought all the early ones were unit marked but clearly that is not the case. Its one of my favorite pieces although I still have to score an early hanger for it.
    RAD Assortment

?

Glad this drew some interest - as to the early full stag RAD hewer - during the initial offering Aug 1934 both grip types were offered the full stag hewer cost more than the other therefor far fewer -Late 1934 due to specific inspection criteria the full stag was no longer available and all hewers standardized.The early full stag grip hewers were produced by the Eickhorn company.
    In some cases organizational marks/issue #,s were stamped on the Hewers as well as on the leather hangers to provide some kind of accountability- I am of the opinion that the RAD had certain issue points i.e. one of my Hewers is stamped with Fu 510 as is the scabbard although as these were accomplished by hand an error was made and the numbers turned around on mine - I also show the leather hanger which also reflects the issue point number starting with Fu which stands for Fuerth,Germany one of the RAD issue points or in German B.A(Beschafungs Ampt) - there were a number of these B.A.s for example MA for Mannheim etc.
    Hope this sheds a little llightRAD Assortment

?

Heres what it would look like in full gear/uniform - a complete RAD NCO with his Hewer and Spade along with a fellow friend.
    HorstRAD Assortment

Nicely displayed, thanks for the info.

Very nice stuff.
    Super RAD daggers
    chris

Always a pleasure to see these Horst!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I have always been a fan of the RAD daggers. When I was in ciollege, my psycology teacher had an officer model that I tried and tried to get from. Never suceeded though. As usual, beautiful examples Horst.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Thanks for the comments - Love the Hewers and their weight compared to the other III Reich dress daggers,

exception being the TENO Hewer.

Horst

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast