Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

RAD dagger

Article about: Hi guys, here i'm sending another photos. Tom

Default Re: RAD dagger

Hi guys, here i'm sending another photos.
    TomRAD daggerRAD daggerRAD daggerRAD daggerRAD daggerRAD daggerRAD dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD dagger
    P
    Many

another photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD dagger  

Thank you Tom for posting more photos..lets wait now for some comments.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Tom-these are Much better photos and in good alignment! Thank you for posting them-they make many questionable points clear now! They also show deterioration to the grip that the previous ones did not. I still do not like the condition of or lack of the Silver plating, but that can be explained by wear,oxidation, past polishing, etc. Given these new photos, I am casting my opinion to a genuine piece. As for the original question many moons ago, the blistering is commonly seen on these daggers and is a result of the base metal reacting beneath the finish, is all, and is not a bad thing.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I agree with William the photos now seem to put things into a different perspective..as possible now i am still at odds with the authenticity of this dagger but now my thoughts may be parts dagger. The lifting seen on the silvered parts are as what William pointed out,,,but yet it is still my opinion,,but I am still not comfortable with this grip as now i feel this dagger needs an in hand inspection. This grip is similar with the same white grips seen on Fake Govt official daggers. I am still not comfortable with it. The grip screws look brand new.
    There is not any age toning at all on the grip. I also feel the blade my be repro...but again this is my opinion and if I am wrong in the long run,,then I / we learn something. The photos are of the best quality and i wish we would see more clear photos like this on the forum. Thank you Tom again for photos. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello Larry, What I'm seeing as deterioration and age on the grip is in the last photo in post 11. You can see that it's cracked and somewhat discolored where the 2 halves are joined together above the lower metal section of the grip. Also, if you magnify that photo, it seems to show some yellowing near the top of the same section area also. Now, in the 3rd photo in post #11, if you magnify that also, it shows the smaller and less obvious edge chipping and traces of the beginning of yellowing near the shoulder of the eagle. These grip panels were notorious for cracking and breakage and it's not often that a perfect pair of panels can be found. As for the grip screw, if you take a closer look at the 5th photo in Post #11 and magnify it, it looks fine and shows appropriate age. Frankly, I'm not seeing anything on this one that is raising any red flags. With the better photos and magnifying them, I think it's looking good.
    William

Maybe these pic's of a similar hewer, although made in this case by Alcoso, will help allay concerns regarding the lack of plating and general wear and oxidation issues as it appears to have many similar traits with the piece shown above. This one is currently for sale at a smidge under $4200 including a nice hanger.

Regards, Ned.

RAD daggerRAD daggerRAD daggerRAD dagger
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

That is a great example Ned! Thank you for posting this example. These photos say alot!

I've always liked the "smirking eagle" on the different variations of these daggers. Tom's looks so much more Serious! Almost all of the ones you look at do show this base metal reacting on the grips and pummels. If it Didn't have this, it would be suspicious! The sheath on this Alcoso is in fairly decent silver plate still and I Very much like it's colorful Hanger. The detailing inside the loops on Tom's sheath show the very typical lack of one last line on the tops and bottoms that is almost a signature of Krebs. Krebs engraving always looked like they should have added just one more line, but it too is a good indicator that it is a genuine Krebs dagger.
    William

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2