Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD dagger

Article about: Hi! Ive bought my first dagger and would like thoughts on its authenticity. Im eager to learn from my (perhaps) misstake Picture quality isn't top notch im afraid, but hopefully good enough.

Default RAD dagger

Hi!

Ive bought my first dagger and would like thoughts on its authenticity.
    Im eager to learn from my (perhaps) misstake
    Picture quality isn't top notch im afraid, but hopefully good enough.

RAD daggerRAD daggerRAD daggerRAD daggerRAD daggerRAD dagger

cheers, Jonas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD dagger
    P
    Many

?

Nice find... If i may ask how much $$$ did it set you back ??? The scabbard looks a "Little Different" but perhaps it is just me... Wait for the experts on this...Gwar

I bought it on auction in sweden. The total cost, with auction fee at aprox 20% and shipping, landed on around 1500 USD.

Hi Jeronas ... I would like to hear some other input on this as the blade looks to have been altered or cut down ...also input on if Ed Wustoff made RAD daggers...and the absence of the Ges Geschutz above the logo. Correct me if I'm wrong but this dagger appears to have some issues. Thoughts ? Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry I tend to agree but I am no dagger man anymore once had about 30 I owned one Officer model like the one pictured and it had the Ges Geschutz above the logo which I can't remember who it was. It also appears to maybe have some blade altering on it. I owned two RAD EM once one the so called "Fat man" which I was told postwar and another one that had the blade motto buffed out and replaced with wagon train scenes (Done by a unknown importer in early 60's) so I got out of the dagger business but we didn't have a forum back then like this one just a few early Johnson reference and Atwood books. Circa I am talking about early 70's. thanks timothy

?

From what I can see here I think the price may have been a little too high for this. Should have posted it for opinions before you bought this, but I am no where near an expert on TR blades

Shouldn't some of the lettering be in the groove..(fuller?)

Luke

Default Rad Dagger

RAD daggerHope this helps...from Tom Johnson's collecting the edged weapons of the third Reich vol 3 page 137...will check some other books for more info..Dave H

Ed Wustoff did,indeed, make RAD daggers both enlisted and Leaders-Wittmann has an Enlisted example I'm not really all that worried about the Motto and it's positioning, as I've seen Wustoff etchings like this one before, but the Quality of the etching leaves abit to be desired. The lack of the "Ges. Geschutz" is also fine. The main issue that I have with this piece is the flared section of the blade where it meets the crossguard. There should be sharper shoulders on the flaring, but this particular blade almost looks like it has been ground down to fit into the sheath. There is a fine example of a Wusthof RAD Leaders dagger on the other forum. I would have borrowed a photo of it, but the owner has watermarked his pictures, so I assume that he is particular about them being used. The link, if you want to see it is:
    Killer RAD leader Wüsthof - Page 2 - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Here is a list of "some of the makers" i located Eickhorn...Wusthof...C J Krebs....Boker with tree (no leaves)...Boker art deco design.....Horster......Alcoso.......Voos....Wkc.. .....

Larry,i believe the Ges Geschutz and Triangle with the RAD initials was only on the E M hewer............................Dave H

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast