Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RAD dagger Horster.few questions

Article about: hello i have an opportunity to buy an attached rad dagger made by horster.the condition is weak but the price ia about 230\\$. is it a fair proce for such conditioned example?what is the issue

Default RAD dagger Horster.few questions

hello i have an opportunity to buy an attached rad dagger made by horster.the condition is weak but the price ia about 230$.
    is it a fair proce for such conditioned example?what is the issue of maker rarity?i guess that horster is one of the often to see on market?
    best regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD dagger Horster.few questions   RAD dagger Horster.few questions  

RAD dagger Horster.few questions   RAD dagger Horster.few questions  

RAD dagger Horster.few questions   RAD dagger Horster.few questions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD dagger Horster.few questions
    P
    Many

Hi Michal..I would say its very fair and with the right TLC used..it will clean up nicely ...which might come close to market value.
    But I say that from the provided photos . It appears there is some surface rust on the blade.

Can you show a pic of the producer logo..although you said it is Horster?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

here's the maker mark.
    yes there is an amount of surface rust,but honestly i'm not certain to celan it up because i dont want to ruin the value of this artifact.
    thank You for the aswer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD dagger Horster.few questions  

You may do as you wish..it was only a suggestion in the current condition it is in.
    This RAD knife is not even close to market value in its present state. It also appears to have blade pitting.

I was more concerned over the blade..the rest of it..should be wiped down with a cloth if possible.

No harm done...still a nice find
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

ok i must to gain some knowledge about cleaning up of daggers,and i will try to do that.i like ths type of dagger.
    thank You one more time Larry.
    best regards

Nice authentic RAD dagger for a reasonable price. As Larry said maybe you can make it a little bit cleaner but that's of course your choise.

Regards Raf

thank You for opinions.i will go after Larry's suggestion and try to clean it up.
    best regards

Personally I would not buy it, despite the price, but not for thinking of falsehood, if not because the state I do not like anything, question of tastes ... and budgets, I suppose, but it is a good

?

Hi Michael,

here is some advise that i learned along the years: pass this one, it will never be more then a starter....
    Better invest in one that will be desirable for other collectors when you feel the need for passing it on to the next caretaker.

Its not desirable for the mayority of collectors because its quality is just to low, so when you want to upgrade this one you cant bring it to a dealer...he will not be interested as this one will be hard to sell.
    All in all you will be stuck with it and have to save the entire amount for a better one.
    Invest in good quality, it will away be easy to sell or trade......

Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 01-17-2017 at 11:16 AM.