Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Rad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not real

Article about: I recently bought this along with another dagger (the other one so far looks to be a fake, a DLV dagger). As I was trying to research these on line I came across this forum and it looks like

MAP
    ?

Quote by koogs13 View Post
    He sent me a bunch of links to pages selling Rads and Luftwaffe daggers to convince me of the worth of these 2, so he fully believes they're real; and he told me to do my own research- which I said I would. I think he doesn't want to admit he got conned. Although I'm not real sure he was conned, kind of sounds like the guy who sold them to him was duped.
    I'm very suspicious of that guy, lol. He said the "Luftwaffe" dagger was one of his prized possessions, he's been collecting for 25 years, and some kind of expert but didn't know it was a DLV?!?!?! Granted, I didn't either- but I'm not claiming to be an expert either, lol.
    If that guy has been collecting for "25 years" (and also selling items for that time) and can't tell the difference he has either never learned anything or is a liar. I lean towards the latter. But then again...I am not in his shoes....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not real
    P
    Many

Quote by MAP View Post
    If that guy has been collecting for "25 years" (and also selling items for that time) and can't tell the difference he has either never learned anything or is a liar. I lean towards the latter. But then again...I am not in his shoes....
    I agree! I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and going with clueless, lol.

Quote by MAP View Post
    If that guy has been collecting for "25 years" (and also selling items for that time) and can't tell the difference he has either never learned anything or is a liar.
    In 25 years time..some type of knowledge had to be obtained in knowing the difference in details............ " Liar !!........... To the Lions with him
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

I agree! I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt and going with clueless, lol.
    LoL...you are truely too kind...either way it is time to stay away...

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

.... G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad Hewer- pretty sure now it's not real  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

If this was a private sale it might be a lot harder to get a
    refund. Sounds like he's attempting to try and con you
    further into believing they are good. Tell him you're
    just not happy or 100% sure about them, and
    that you will always have doubts.

If he is a dealer, he should be willing to take the
    pieces back to protect what is left of
    his integrity.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    If this was a private sale it might be a lot harder to get a
    refund. Sounds like he's attempting to try and con you
    further into believing they are good. Tell him you're
    just not happy or 100% sure about them, and
    that you will always have doubts.

If he is a dealer, he should be willing to take the
    pieces back to protect what is left of
    his integrity.........
    Good points, all. The friend I bough them from said initially I could have my money back, I'm going to see if he'll still honor that. He's a dealer himself, in true crime not militaria, and definitely does not want his reputation tarnished by this.
    This one and the DLV you all have said are fake and the Hitler Youth he threw in for free you all said was real which makes me believe the guy's just not very bright- he probably thought all 3 were real (the original seller, not my friend); I think my friend doesn't want to believe/ admit he was duped.

MAP
    ?

... I think my friend doesn't want to believe/ admit he was duped.
    Pride goes before the fall...

I do understand that these are difficult conversations but in the end, if he is serious, it will make him a better collector/dealer as well.

Also, what I have done in the past is instead of asking for the money back, I've asked to swap the item out for something else I liked. That helps protect the pride of the seller a bit...especially if he is a friend.

What the heck is "true crime"???

Michael

He already offered my money back so I'm gonna go that route- not sure he'd do a swap, kind of hard to swap militaria with his stuff; not sure he'd be up for that, lol.

May have been something lost in the translation..Auto Correct anymore is notorious in mistaken words...Auto Correct can be "True Crime "
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast