Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RAD Hewer - Tiger

Article about: Impressive and well preserved. Hang on to this one. Nice to see who ever had it from the end of the war until now..took great care of it. Near Mon to mint beauties are still out there to be

?

Default RAD Hewer - Tiger

Hi Guys,
    I've been looking around for a nice RAD for a few months. Found this one recently and it arrived today. Never been sharpened and great blade point etc. Blade maybe slightly cleaned and has some runner marks, but overall really nice blade. The Tiger maker mark is nicely stamped, and the handles and scabbard are in great condition.
    Cheers!
    Jeff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Hewer - Tiger   RAD Hewer - Tiger  

RAD Hewer - Tiger   RAD Hewer - Tiger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RAD Hewer - Tiger
    P
    Many

?

And many thanks Mr Ger who took time this weekend to review this RAD for me before I made the purchase...

Beautiful hewer,i like a lot,congrats

?

Jeff, a very nice Hewer ... Translation " To make shape with or as an axe".. I have yet to own one of these, I'm sure to in the near future.. Is it heavy ??? G

?

G, you do need one of these to add in to your RAD buckle collection. Yes, it's a big, heavy piece relative to TR daggers, you'd like it.

?

Pic from the Angolia 'Labor Organizations of the Reich' book.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAD Hewer - Tiger  

Hey Jeff,

That looks great!

The solid nickel fittings and almost 100% lacquer finish on the scabbard are very nice, that slight rubbing on the one side is from the hanger, mine's almost identical. The grip screws also look to have never been turned, which is another plus. It does, as you mention, appear to have been cleaned all over at some point, but done very well and sympathetically with no detriment to the piece at all. I think you've done very well, and with Ger's involvement, that was always going to be the case as he sure knows how to pick 'em!

I recently picked up a cracking RAD hewer and full 2 piece bullet hanger and earlier belt and buckle type, seen here:

Pretty RAD!!!

I am so impressed with the weight, quality and design of these hewer's I can't believe that one of these is not an essential part of any dagger aficionado's collection they're that physically and visually impressive, yet in my opinion unduly underated. Maybe it's because they don't carry the same glamour and kudos that daggers of combatants, both Heer and Luft are given?

Congratulations on getting this hewer, it's a fine thing to own.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Hi Big Ned,
    I remember that excellent RAD rig you posted and added here . I was very pleased when I opened the delivery - for sure. If it passed the Big Ned test I feel good about this one. Yes, I have contacted Ger more than one time about daggers and he is 'the man'!
    Cheers.
    Jeff

Quote by weller View Post
    Hi Big Ned,
    I remember that excellent RAD rig you posted and added here . I was very pleased when I opened the delivery - for sure. If it passed the Big Ned test I feel good about this one. Yes, I have contacted Ger more than one time about daggers and he is 'the man'!
    Cheers.
    Jeff
    Well Jeff, it's less than 2 hours into the new day here, and already, seeing this lovely hewer has made mine.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Looks like a fine textbook Tiger hewer! I've always thought of the Tiger's as a woefully under-appreciated maker! It's in superb condition and looking as nice as the day it was issued. Definitely a fine discovery! Good pick up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast