Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rad officer dagger hangers..opinion

Article about: hi all...i'd like to know your opinion only on the hangers of this Rad officer dagger...i'm not sure about that bubbling on the brown leather...what do you think?? Thanks a lot Annoyed from

?

Yes....Gerrit...know of him and he has many hangers. Don't know him well

Look under hangers and then RAD

403 Forbidden
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rad officer dagger hangers..opinion
    P
    Many

here a close ups of the hanger... thanks a lot
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rad officer dagger hangers..opinion  

?

I am still unsure. Part of me believes them to be period but most of me after looking closer to the pebbled finish of the clips on each end I am not crazy about them. Something on the finish seems off. I am not too sure now in looking closer at them if I would buy. Are the back of clips marked DRGM? Still cannot make that out. If they will give you an inspection period you could buy and take better photos and fire them back to the group to see what the consensus is. Sorry to flop and be unsure but I am just on the fence with these.

the seller gives only 3 days of inspection after received...i 'll have to be fast
    Thanks again

?

Best of luck. Sorry to not be of more assistance or a better judge of hangers. Happy Holidays!

Rossi

Quote by lucabrnroma View Post
    the seller gives only 3 days of inspection after received...i 'll have to be fast
    Thanks again

The pebbling looks like pigskin. I've bought many a frog that was made of pigskin & thought to be fake but turned out to be period.

As already said, I would say textbook RAD hangers would be the smooth variety. I don't know that I've seen the pebbled variety before. If you're uncomfortable with the seller or the source, that alone should be enough for you to look elsewhere.

Quote by Rossi View Post
    I am still unsure. Part of me believes them to be period but most of me after looking closer to the pebbled finish of the clips on each end I am not crazy about them. Something on the finish seems off. I am not too sure now in looking closer at them if I would buy. Are the back of clips marked DRGM? Still cannot make that out. If they will give you an inspection period you could buy and take better photos and fire them back to the group to see what the consensus is. Sorry to flop and be unsure but I am just on the fence with these.
    Hi Rossi,

Take a look at the clips where I've arrowed what I believe is a marking of 4 letters inside a rectangular cartouche. DRGM??? That's my betting, and this might make the hangers worth getting so better pic's can be made for appraisal. I still really like the look of these, and think the effort may be worth it. As said, they can always be sent back afterwards if not up to scratch.

Regards, Ned.

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Good eyes Big Ned. Took a magnifier to it as well and looks yes to be DRGM marked. Still can't make out what is on back of clips stamped in. I do feel these are worth getting for $600 as it is a fair price. As long as lucabrnroma is comfy with the buy. I think some side shots and close ups of the metal finish, leather, etc...would make us all feel 100% on these. To me proper pics do tell a lot since many of us can't get our mits on these things to really inspect in hand. Again...Love the dedication you provide to each endeavor! I say give them a shot for $600 Lucabrnroma.

hangers arrived...new pics of the marks
    Rad officer dagger hangers..opinionRad officer dagger hangers..opinion

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2