Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Railway &Water Protection dagger/letter opener

Article about: You will see by the title that I dont think this is the real thing. My question is are the blade and crossguard original parts paired with repro parts to make this up? At any rate it makes a

Default Railway &Water Protection dagger/letter opener

You will see by the title that I dont think this is the real thing. My question is are the blade and crossguard original parts paired with repro parts to make this up? At any rate it makes a good spacefiller/letteropener (not that I anticipate owning a real one!!)

Thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Railway &Water Protection dagger/letter opener   Railway &Water Protection dagger/letter opener  

Railway &Water Protection dagger/letter opener   Railway &Water Protection dagger/letter opener  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Railway &Water Protection dagger/letter opener
    P
    Many

Here are the parts in question.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Railway &Water Protection dagger/letter opener   Railway &Water Protection dagger/letter opener  

Hi Steve..Im liking it alot. ......and I would value more opinions on it.
    You say " letter opener" ...I would say " Dagger Salesmans Miniature " .

Could you place it next to a ruler..or something significant in size to help give the viewers here a depth of perception on what the size could be?

I am leaning on this being a miniature..and if this the case..this "letter opener" could be worth about $1000. I do have a request if you may..is to take a close up pic of the tang threads..I am seeing some discoloration..and want to eliminate the possibility of a recent forge process..leaving that rainbow effect in the steel.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Steve..Im liking it alot. ......and I would value more opinions on it.
    You say " letter opener" ...I would say " Dagger Salesmans Miniature " .

Could you place it next to a ruler..or something significant in size to help give the viewers here a depth of perception on what the size could be?

I am leaning on this being a miniature..and if this the case..this "letter opener" could be worth about $1000. I do have a request if you may..is to take a close up pic of the tang threads..I am seeing some discoloration..and want to eliminate the possibility of a recent forge process..leaving that rainbow effect in the steel.

Regards Larry
    Hi Larry
    Sorry if my use of the word letter opener threw you off I was being sarcastic. It is a full size dagger that I believe has been pieced together using some original parts. I will post a close up of the tang threads tomorrow.

Steve

?

Well i think you wisely decided to start this thread with the Title: "Letteropener" , it will never be more...LOL
    First try to find this type of dagger with a Generic A crossguard and Tiger as manufatorer, i bet it will cause you a lot of grey hair

As you stated: parts of the dagger are Original, a lot aren't

Regards
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 02-12-2016 at 11:56 AM.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Well i think you wisely decided to start this thread with the Title: "Letteropener" , it will never be more...LOL
    First try to find this type of dagger with a Generic A crossguard and Tiger as manufatorer, i bet it will cause you a lot of grey hair

As you stated: parts of the dagger are Original, a lot aren't

Regards
    Ger
    Too late to worry about grey hair!!! I realize it is a made up dagger but my question, is it an original Generic A crossguard and a Tiger blade. Seems to me it is.

Thanks
    Steve

?

The Makermark and blade looks fine to me, the crossguard looks fine too.
    Here to compare my Generic A triple dagger post ( Tiger will be dagger Number 90 in our new Heer dagger book)
    Triple Generic A Daggers and a few Tiger Heeresdolch shots

Regards
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 02-12-2016 at 03:34 PM.