Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched reproduction dagger

Article about: Offered this item at a local pawn shop. Any input would be appreciated.

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched reproduction dagger

Offered this item at a local pawn shop. Any input would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched reproduction dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched reproduction dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched reproduction dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched reproduction dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched reproduction dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched reproduction dagger
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched reproduction dagger

I would pass on this one. The engraving to the blade is poor and lacks the grey background. The makers mark is usually on the same side of the blade as the catch.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade Isn't the makers mark rather strong for this dagger also

?

The eagles head shape and distance above the top edge of the wings appears to high and i believe there should be more curve to the neck portion of the wings, in fact the entire eagle lacks detail as you would expect

Sometimes these Naval eagle pommels are a bit on the crude side detail wise, but I agree this one is rather poor looking. All four of mine are different.

It is really the blade which bothers me most of all.

Cheers, Ade.

This is a wannabe original. If you want it to be it can be. Look at the spacing in the WKC. It should be evenly done and is not. The engraving looks like it was don with a E-pencil. For display purposes this one would be fine for a "Dagger like this" item. If its cheap buy it if not walk run or fly.

I think I will pass Do not want a wanabe Wanted $400 and that made me think to as cheap price. I appreciate everyone's help

?

the WKC makers mark was being used on reproduction combat bayonets being sold on EBay as well and are actually STILL being sold. they are putting fake bakelite riveted grips on them too. Im not sure why they choose this maker to fake? my guess is that it is easier to stamp/fake than other original maker marks since it is only 3 letters