Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?

Article about: I found this dagger in a shop.It was used by the nazi hold outs (wherewolves),who were located in the black forest until 1950.But i can not tell if it`s fake or real

Default Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?

I found this dagger in a shop.It was used by the nazi hold outs (wherewolves),who were located in the black forest until 1950.But i can not tell if it`s fake or real
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?   Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?  

Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?   Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?  

Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?   Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?

It is a fake, IMO. 'Krupp' was an armament manufacturer,
    and I do not believe they made cutlery........
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 11-24-2010 at 03:11 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

The example posted of a Krupp dagger is the “extra authentic” one with something that looks something like a Waffenamt on the pommel. Not to be confused with the plain ones, which are fakes made exclusively for the TR collector market. Or the highly coveted “SS” model.

It looks like the former owner of the one you posted must have been a really dedicated “werewolf”. One who sprang into battle with the knife clenched in his teeth - throwing away the scabbard. And just so you know it (if you happen to find one laying in the street) here is what a complete one might look like - depending on which version it is.

PS: Sorry for the 'tongue cheek' approach, but with the "Black Forrest" story I couldn't help myself. FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?  

An image showing a close up of a typical blade logo. With the larger recess probably milled. And the lettering done using a small rotary cutter. Such as those used with something like a "Dremel" tool, seen in the inset (but enlarged to better see them). FP
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or fake "Kruff 1949" Dagger ?  

Total piece of rubbish which was not used by the Wehrwolves or anybody else for that matter.

Richie

?

This looks to be one of the many products of the great factory located in Wolkenkuckucksheim.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by langaadi View Post
    I found this dagger in a shop.It was used by the nazi hold outs (wherewolves),who were located in the black forest until 1950.But i can not tell if it`s fake or real
    Lad I am afraid you have been conned.
    Sorry
    SteveR

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry this is indeed a complete fantasy item. Get a refund if possible.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hope u did not pay much for it,and i advise getting some good books on edged weapons or studying these forums before spending ur cash.
    There are many people in this hobby who will rip u off and con u

Imagine what might have happened if the fakers had tried engrave the Krupp logo on the blade, instead of that relatively crude swastika in a circle. FP