Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or repro Daggers? A Luft & another it appears.

Article about: New to the forum here. A buddy was cleaning out his den and brought me a pile of his junk . The weight and fit of these kinda caught my attention. Wondering if they are real and what the sec

Default Real or repro Daggers? A Luft & another it appears.

New to the forum here. A buddy was cleaning out his den and brought me a pile of his "junk". The weight and fit of these kinda caught my attention. Wondering if they are real and what the second one is if they are. I'm afraid I may have to give them back. Both are marked paul weyersberg & co berlin. But I noticed that co. was listed as Solingen elsewhere on the forum. are these perhaps just decent reproductions?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or repro Daggers?  A Luft & another it appears.   Real or repro Daggers?  A Luft & another it appears.  

Real or repro Daggers?  A Luft & another it appears.   Real or repro Daggers?  A Luft & another it appears.  

Real or repro Daggers?  A Luft & another it appears.   Real or repro Daggers?  A Luft & another it appears.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or repro Daggers?  A Luft & another it appears.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or repro Daggers? A Luft & another it appears.

They are indeed reproductions Sir.
    Sorry.

No need to be sorry. I can actually keep them now. And we spent half the afternoon learning about ww2 blades, so it was educational. Love your site btw

No sweat, happy to help. Great community of knowledgeable folks here I've found very helpful. We are all here to learn.

OK another question then.... is the non-luftwaffe2 a copy of another dagger or is it a fantasy piece? I can't seem to find one like it anywhere and I'm finding all of this entirely too interesting. I found a luft2 for sale today that had obviously been pieced together and I'm trying to gain more info before I purchase the real thing.

?

It is a copy of the Hermann Goering Industrial Dagger, the originals would have been gilded in gold, and if real would be many thousands of dollars

Thanks very much. At least now maybe I can see what a real one looks like.

?

I doubt you will ever see a real one in the flesh, i believe this is ultra rare, not sure how many were made but not many poss only a few