Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Recent rescue 2 daggers & bayonet

Article about: Herder used two logos. I don't think it has been determined which was the first. Herder only made daggers in the mid to late periods. The very first production can be found with silver plati

Default Re: Finest Collections from the Finest of collectors

Herder used two logos. I don't think it has been determined which was the first. Herder only made daggers in the mid to late periods. The very first production can be found with silver plating. Most however carry nickel plating over poor base metal. It is difficult to find these in good condition. The base metal did not support the plating very well.

Here is a photo of a dagger with the other logo used by the company. The plating on this example has held up reasonably well.

Wolfgang

Attachment 421757Attachment 421758
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent rescue 2 daggers & bayonet   Recent rescue 2 daggers & bayonet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recent rescue 2 daggers & bayonet
    P
    Many

?

I found this link usefull.(..Wardaggers/ dead link ) about the two maker marks. I was told that the smaller one was the first. Any of the smaller maker mark on a late war dagger? Photos? Iam trying to learn...lol Herder is known to have only joined the game probably late in 1936...

?

I found the maker mark on an old Seitengewehr model 1898/05 with Sawback, YEAR OF PRODUCTION: “W17″ – 1917...maybe this settles it?

Attachment 421957Attachment 421958
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recent rescue 2 daggers & bayonet   Recent rescue 2 daggers & bayonet  

Fbeaty,, the link that you posted is dead and will not open,, I will remove the link. I thank you though for giving credit to where you got the photos. The majority of these producers were established in the 1800s,,,this firm in particular in 1884,, but the RZM question was established for political daggers was in 1934. So you will come across many edged weapons with the older producers logo and some that have kept the same logo until the end of the war. Maybe I am misunderstanding your thoughts and i hope you can help me to understand,,but in no way did the RZM exist before 1925. This is a good thread,, looking forward to your reply and anyone else who wants to jump in Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Default Re: Recent rescue 2 daggers & bayonet

Great move...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2