Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Red Cross (DRK) EM Hewer

Article about: I thought I would post one of my DRK hewers. This one is a highbrow/round shoulder version, this pattern seem to be exclusively made by Klaas with any examples I have found opened being Klaa

?

Default Red Cross (DRK) EM Hewer

I thought I would post one of my DRK hewers. This one is a highbrow/round shoulder version, this pattern seem to be exclusively made by Klaas with any examples I have found opened being Klaas marked.

This pattern shares features with the standard Klaas but also features that are found on the PDL also, including the slightly sharp roundel edge that you find on PDL and the more distinct feet and claws. Features you find on standard Klaas including the scabbard screws, and larger cross.

The knife and all the fittings (but the roundel) are slightly smaller than the PDL hewer (admittedly I have only measured it against 3 PDL but they all had the same dimensions).

I have been recording hewer data as a secondary hobby and have found that these highbrow versions are about 1:8 when compared to other Klaas blades and about 1:14 when compared to all hewers I have been able to find and catalogue (I am 2 shy of 200 different blades at this moment).

I included a picture of a PDL roundel to compare. Anyways thanks for looking and letting me geek out about a relatively common dagger.

Red Cross (DRK) EM HewerRed Cross (DRK) EM HewerRed Cross (DRK) EM HewerRed Cross (DRK) EM HewerRed Cross (DRK) EM HewerRed Cross (DRK) EM HewerRed Cross (DRK) EM Hewer
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-17-2018 at 10:12 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Cross (DRK) EM Hewer
    P
    Many

Fantastic description and research MEE

You say you are 2 shy of 200 blades of ? DRKs or Knives in general ?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

No just my DRK hewer list, I only have been recording information to get a better idea of these blades and of officers DRK blades. I have recorded 198 different hewers and 110 officers daggers. I have found a very convincing fake hewer, I have found that PDL did indeed make Red Cross leaders daggers (including the square hole scabbard which is slightly different than the Klaas's). These definitely don't have the variations that Heers do but they are still very interesting blades.

Very interesting indeed, as is your studies of the blades. Thanks for sharing it with us.

That is really nice!

?

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Very interesting indeed, as is your studies of the blades. Thanks for sharing it with us.
    +1

?

Thx for the info, not that much info is available regarding these DRK hewers/daggers, so sharing it here is great!

Best
    Ger

Great work! There are so many layers in this hobby!!

Regards,Geoff

That's really great research ... It does go to prove that because it's not text book .... doesn't make it a fake!!