Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Red Cross Hewer for opinions

Article about: Hello all Please have a look at these photos and see what you think. I'm not a big fan of when a dealer uses too much artistic licence when taking photos, but this one seems to be quite nice

Default Red Cross Hewer for opinions

Hello all

Please have a look at these photos and see what you think. I'm not a big fan of when a dealer uses too much artistic licence when taking photos, but this one seems to be quite nice. Of course, anyone can tie a tag on!

Thanks for your help

J

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Red Cross Hewer for opinions
    P
    Many

?

Jamie,

The hewer looks genuine enough but make sure the scabbard has not been repainted ?

Im not a fan of black anything upon a black background. All detail and depth are buried in the darkness.
    A little more light in the photography would of sufficed and also a few extra photos of the scabbard.

There is something never seen when there is less light.

Scabbard photos please if possible.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

So far so good. But as stated some extra pics would not hurt.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Why would this hewer wear a Krebs tag?
    Stupid......Krebs is not a producer of these hewers

Ger

Thanks for the input chaps. I'm waiting on a reply to two emails with questions, especially with regards extra details and photos with a brighter background.

Ger, thanks for the input re the tag, takes the shine of the whole thing tbh

J

The tag is just put on it to spice up the price!
    As Gerrit wrote Krebs did not make hewers..
    We know of Robert Klaas and P.D. Luneschlöss... as makers of red cross em hewers.

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Why would this hewer wear a Krebs tag?
    Stupid......Krebs is not a producer of these hewers

Ger
    Ger you should know by now that producer tags and COAs make everything authentic + it really sells the idea of it
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Nice looking klaas, for some reason I didn't see the scews the first look. I will agree with the others the scabbard looks rough compared to the rest of the dagger.