MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Reference books Question ..

Article about: Hello, Since soon I bought the Complete Four-Volume of (German daggers of World War II), and during my stay in this forum I saw that there is a series of books called (collecting the edged w

?

Default Reference books Question ..

Hello, Since soon I bought the Complete Four-Volume of (German daggers of World War II), and during my stay in this forum I saw that there is a series of books called (collecting the edged weapons of the third reich), and the Both are written by THOMAS M. JOHNSON

is there a difference between them?
    Last edited by Larry C; 09-27-2016 at 10:46 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reference books Question ..
    P
    Many

German daggers of WW2 is a large pictorial reference consisting of 4 volumes..which covers most of the Political and non political branches..of the Third Reich.

Collecting the Edged Weapons of the Third Reich is an 8 Volume set also by Tom Johnson ....covering all Edged Weapons which are a useful tool in identifying dagger and sword types..including materials ,, producers..and Background history of some of the larger producers of the time.

Google Thomas Johnson and also Thomas Wittmann

How is the weather out where you are at?

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you Larry,

And BTW their weather here in Kuwait is very cold, God bless Willis Haviland carrier.

You really can't go wrong with any of those books, the Johnson 4 volume set is total mouth watering eye candy pictures, now if you want a real in depth breakdown of army, luft, ss daggers then the Wittman series books are the way to go. Or just simply buy them all lol

There's no argument that books are a good way to go when trying to learn about these different items , that depending on where you live, may be hard or next to impossible to actually look at 'in hand' and study. But I would be very remiss to not add that you should not accept everything in them at face value or as the latest information. One case in point being the Atwood fantasy "SA Birdshead" dagger which adorns the cover of one of the books intended to be a guide, with a number of errors (including fakes) as well as factual updates great and small to miniscle that are often seen discussed on the different online forums. Best Regards, Fred