Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RLB 2nd Model Leader dagger by Paul Weyersberg

Article about: Hello guys, I'm planning on bidding on this 2nd Model Leader dagger tomorrow, and I'm almost certain that it is original. It shows the age I would expect, and it appears to be high quality.

Default RLB 2nd Model Leader dagger by Paul Weyersberg

Hello guys,

I'm planning on bidding on this 2nd Model Leader dagger tomorrow, and I'm almost certain that it is original. It shows the age I would expect, and it appears to be high quality. The leather looks good as does the RLB insignia. I would like to get a second opinion just to make sure it is good. Thanks for your help. Here are some photos below.

Regards,
    Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RLB 2nd Model Leader dagger by Paul Weyersberg   RLB 2nd Model Leader dagger by Paul Weyersberg  

Attached Images Attached Images RLB 2nd Model Leader dagger by Paul Weyersberg  RLB 2nd Model Leader dagger by Paul Weyersberg 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RLB 2nd Model Leader dagger by Paul Weyersberg
    P
    Many

Default Re: RLB 2nd Model Leader dagger by Paul Weyersberg

I'm starting to get a bad feeling. Here is another Paul Weyersberg maker's mark, but from a first model RLB. The maker's mark could have changed during the transition from 1st to 2nd model?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RLB 2nd Model Leader dagger by Paul Weyersberg  

Dagger from which you took the logo: (2. p.)
    2nd Model RLB EM - Paul Weyersberg - is EM, not Leader.
    This logo is pretty worn out.
    Your photos are not the best, but the logo seems to me fine, (from what I can make out).

Regards
    Vedran
    Last edited by Rancid66; 01-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Hi Corey,I know these are the only photos you could get at the time so its hard to discern the difference in detail. RLBs are not my strength,,but Im hopeful for a quick response from some other members who collect these,,to give you a few more opinions. IMO The dagger looks Ok,,the lower right wing tip is broken off,,and the center ramp on the scabbard is closer to the upper fitting more so than usual. I have seen variances in distance but may be due to the maker. Wait for more opinions Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Corey , the logo looks good to me , it's my favourite maker !
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks guys for your help, I'll see what happens.

Regards,
    Corey

?

Corey as far as i can see its an original, but very worn RLB.
    Take that in mind...it has a few issues that lower its price very much!

Succes on this one!

Cheers,
    Ger