Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Rohm SA and Army Dagger Stolen in NC

Article about: Hello everyone. I know I am not active here but I am over at USMF as that is my main interest. It was suggested that I post some pictures of the these two daggers that were discovered yester

TRR
    ?

Default Rohm SA and Army Dagger Stolen in NC

Hello everyone. I know I am not active here but I am over at USMF as that is my main interest. It was suggested that I post some pictures of the these two daggers that were discovered yesterday stolen from my booth at an antique mall in Hendersonville, NC. The thief cut the hasp off a display case and stole these daggers and some WWII war merits and WWI iron crosses as well. I had not been to the shop in over a month due to work and being out of town. So this could have been done weeks ago. I do not have pictures of the medals, but assume it will be all sold together. Any help in finding these or information of anyone trying to sell them will be much appreciated and can be directed to me or the Hendersonville Police Department.

Thanks for any help!

-Erik

The Rohm was a partial grind and pretty rough shape. The end of the scabbard had been crushed. The grip was cracked and repaired poorly.

The Army dagger was in nice shape with only some corrosion from poor storage and very little wear. It was a nice vet bringback original set.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rohm SA and Army Dagger Stolen in NC  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rohm SA and Army Dagger Stolen in NC
    P
    Many

Hello TRR..welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your loss. Your photos are welcome here in an effort for others to see which hopefully will give you any leads to the thieves who stole these 2 examples.
    Your Army dagger is common sight..which may be hard to recover..as most Heer army daggers look the same especially with a yellow grip...But the SA example which is in Rough condition..would be easier to identify in the condition it is in. I wish you the best in a quick return....and if you happen to have any more photos of these 2 daggers...you are more than welcome to post them here. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-11-2013 at 05:16 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TRR
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello TRR..welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your loss. Your photos are welcome here in an effort for others to see which hopefully will give you any leads to the thieves who stole there 2 examples.
    Your Army dagger is common sight..which may be hard to recover..as most Heer army daggers look the same especially with a yellow grip...But the SA example which is in Rough condition..would be easier to identify in the condition it is in. I wish you the best in a quick return....and if you happen to have any more photos of these 2 daggers...you are more than welcome to post them here. Regards Larry
    Thanks Larry. I am hoping for the best. It is becoming more common for the antique shops to become targets of these thieves.

I'll be honest.
    You can forget your daggers.
    In today's world, the only money has a sacred place, no one else.
    Especially in the world of collectors, where every day ,there are more fraud, and theft.
    I'm truly sorry for your loss.

Nordland.

?

Man, that really makes me angry. If the person stole them, it's likely in their personal collection or possibly parted out on eBay . I really hope that isn't the case and this person gets busted stealing other items and has these with him.
    There was another member who posted several stolen daggers and recovered them a bit later from some punk teenagers from down the street after the cops stopped them.

Look on the bright side, at least they werent mint!!! maybe it will show up at the MAX show, these things move quickly.

TRR
    ?

Update...this dagger, the Rohm, another unk dagger, and a flag where sold recently in Arden, NC by a lowlife resale store. So the items are still floating around the WNC area and either a German Militaria Dealer or Collector bought them. I do not think the individual that purchased them knows of the origins. I am most concerned with recovery and not prosecution of the current owner.

I happened to walk into a lowlife shop that had one of my stolen medals still with my booth tag and initials on display. So of course I asked what else they had and out came the story of these great daggers....

I hope some NC folks will see this. The proper folks have been notified and I hope to have some of the items back next week.

If you need details, feel free to drop me a message, there is much I would rather not post publicly.

We wish you the best of luck...keep the forum here posted. This thread will remain open in helping you. What is the name of the store that had your daggers? Hopefully someone will read this and lead to the thieves prosecution. Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

TRR....you Did call the police when you saw the medals with your tags, I would hope? Maybe the Police would have better luck finding out who they sold them to?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

TRR
    ?

Thanks Larry, I will send you a PM with some more information.

William, I have handled that portion appropriately and hope to recover some of the medals this coming week. I did not want to show my hand as I know detectives can use "receiving stolen goods" as leverage for information. I am sure they will track down who bought them, just wanted to keep the information current as I assume the other items sold with the daggers were not "inherited" as well. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast