Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.

Article about: Hello everyone! I am new here and first Let me start of by saying I am 20 years old and have always loved the history behind WW2 and now finally I have the money to start collecting, problem

Default SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.

Hello everyone!

I am new here and first Let me start of by saying I am 20 years old and have always loved the history behind WW2 and now finally I have the money to start collecting, problem is I really don't know what I am looking for and prices vary drastically as you all know. A person that lives near me gave me a call and I drove to his house and snapped a couple of pictures of the items he had to offer, another problem is I don't even know if they are authentic I was wondering if you all could give me some insight into if they are authentic and also roughly what I should expect to pay for the grouping of the four daggers, maybe a price roughly of what they are worth individually? Here is what I know. One of the SA daggers has a broken tip on it which one? I don't know as I was in a bit of a rush and snapped as many pictures as I could because I was running late I know I know I should take my time! the luftwaffe dagger has a AES stamp on it which is located in the pictures I provided. The army dagger is missing a hanger clip that is on the scabbard and is NOT maker marked from my overlooking. Thanks in advance with your help it is greatly greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.   SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.  

SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.   SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.  

SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.  
    Last edited by Bmiller08; 03-27-2013 at 09:14 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.
    P
    Many

Default re: SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.

Please help!

Default re: SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I have moved your thread to the correct forum, so now you will get some replies.

The SA daggers appear good from the limited images shown.

Never buy daggers which are missing parts, so forget the Heer dagger.

I don't do valuations, sorry.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: SA, Luftwaffe & Heer daggers.

Welcome to the forum!

I can't comment on the daggers, but just remember to be extremely careful, especially if you don't know what you are looking at. Pretty soon you will find your niche.

Hi BMiller welcome to the forum...I am going to say for now,, they "appear" to be ok from a distance,,better and close up photos would be needed to give you a good assessment,,as Ade points out there are some things missing on the daggers. When you get a chance if the person selling them are willing is to take more photos. On these daggers there is much to look at not just on the outside but internally. Close ups will help out alot. Here is a list of photos needed.

Photo of the whole dagger front and back with the scabbard off and next to the dagger

closeups of the grip crossguards front and back

Photos of pommel on the army and luft Front and back
    and finally photo of the motto and makers logo on all these daggers.

Sorry to hit you with so much,, but on here our members who collect and study these types separately need to see these details. Im sure when buying a car you want the salesman to tell you as much as possible about the car,,,except the difference here is " we will not lie to you"

Looking forward to some pics but all other comments are welcome regardless. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

From these photos, I can see a replica dagger LW, postwar Herr or LW scabbard, and a generic A Herr dagger. (without one scabbard band, Frankenstein dagger?)
    But since the photos are bad, I'm not 100% sure.

Regards
    Vedran

Thanks everyone for your input! So vedran you think stay away from the herr and LW dagger and just buy the SA ?

SA daggers are not my best area, I think it would be best to bypass all the daggers, it's not worth the risk.

Regards
    Vedran

My advice would be just to consider the SA's.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

that's what I am going to do Adrian it's the safer bet, although I wish the other daggers were good at least im not buying fake junk! I'll keep you all posted as to what I can get the SA daggers for. Thanks again guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast