Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?

Article about: I guess the first part is it real or fake. I'm fasinated by its history if it is a true Cossak (sp) shaska meant for Cossacks that joind the other side for fear of what Mother Russia had ins

Default Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?

I guess the first part is it real or fake.
    I'm fasinated by its history if it is a true Cossak (sp) shaska meant for Cossacks that joind the other side for fear of what Mother Russia had instored for them should Germany loose. The ones that did were returned by C, E, to be .....
    Many pictures to follow.
    Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Shaska/Shashka is it real or fake?

Fantasy item.... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Fantasy item.... William
    That's OK but what makes it so?

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

China and India are making aLot of these things. If you look at the wood grip, for example,you can see that it's never been actually carried or used. It's been artificially aged to look older. The Cossacks carried these Everywhere and used them Alot. They carried them on horses,truckseverywhere. Their swords show heavy wear when you come across a genuine one from,say,the Czarist period. They should be full of armory marks-all sorts of numbers and codes and stamps-but this one shows just a few odd little pecks. These shaska's with the big Nazi eagles on their hilts started showing up something like 10 years ago or so. But the odd things is, the Vlasov's never Had such swords-the Germans never made their swords! Oh sure,they had their sabres, of course, but they brought them With from Russia! No Russian Armory would cast Nazi eagle hilts for their men!(and no-not even in the Ukraine) The Shaska used by the Vlasov's were described as plain with little ornamentation and smooth grip with black leather sheaths. William
    William

Thanks William
    Now I need to see if what I found ... that some of these swords were actually made but never delivered due to the turn of the war.
    No, there were never any manufactured by the Germans and the man that would carry one untill the end was desided would be a fool.
    Mind you, I'm not starting an argument here ... but the few perhaps thousands wre to be either a private purchase or some awarded to
    officers should the day have come. Therefore we see little to no ware on the wood and also I don't think the "new" sheaths were ever even
    offered.

I'll find the info on the above and post the thread here.

Again I'm not trying to turn a dead sows ear into a purse and for what I paid I have no regrets but there is information out there that may require
    some investigation. I did by the way see the same sword compared to one that was called a fake.

Keeping options open ... Rudy
    Frank Zappa

Clean out your PM Rudy Can't reach you.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Clean out your PM Rudy Can't reach you.

Eric
    Done
    Frank Zappa

Hello Rudy, No problem! But they did have a big discussion on these over at the Wehrmacht-Awards.Com. I;ll post the link for it below as well as a few sites offering these sabers for sale and what they have to say about 'em.
    Cossack Saber with Nazi Eagle - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Sword Forum also discussed these and also thumbs downed them as fantasy-here is the link to that thread discussion:
    Another Nazi-Cossack shashka

Here's a few for sale:

Military Antiques, Military Collectibles and Militaria German WW2 Russian Cossack Shashqua Saber: Used IMA-USA.COM <-- International Militaria has them for $124.95
    1942 NAZI SWORD - COSSACK BATTLES IN RUSSIA - Listing # 8165284 <--Wensey.com online auctions tried to get $169.95 but got no bids,even though they wove a nice tale of it coming from a vet and having tried but couldn't find another like it for sale. (they must not have tried too hard..lol)

But,anyway-they Are interesting pieces and they make great conversations and debates like this one here,so,if you didn't go too deep for it,you're fine in any case! This hobby is always an interesting one! William
    William

There is a old saying If you want to sell something slap a swastika on it.

I'll check those links out ... thanks.
    Like I told some one else this thing was still made tough and for stab or slash, so worst case it will become part of my close quarters home protection weapons. I don't think the recipiant will care about the eagle and swas all that much.

Rudy
    Frank Zappa

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast