Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012

Article about: This is mine .............i would have rather had Ger's chained though cheers Ronnie

Default Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012

As the year comes to a close, it is always exciting to see some of the items fellow collectors have been able to add to their collection. I have been very lucky to find a number of great daggers this year.
    Though "only" a Heer dagger, this is certainly my favourite. It is special for several reasons. Aside from being part of an RK group, it one of the initial Hoerster production daggers. The pommel is very tight, so I have not removed the grip. However, I am certain that the tang will be numbered. Hoerster only used these early WKC parts on what is likely to be a test run of about 50 daggers before switching to their own in house produced crossguard. All daggers observed so far with this WKC configuration have been numbered 45 or less. Hoerster also produced a very few of these initial production with aluminum fittings. This example is one of these.

Please show some of your favourites.

Wolfgang
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012
    P
    Many

Default Re: Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012

Hi Wolfgang,,,Great idea and thread!! Heres mine from 2012,, Although a common early SA producer, Ed Wustoff....it has the Extremely hard to find SA Gruppe.mark...."Oe" ( Osterreich ) For the Austrian SA. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012   Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

There is a little over 2 1/2 weeks left in 2012,, I know the economy is bad but are Wolfgang and Myself the only ones here that bought something during this year? One purchase and one photo would be sufficient or post as many as you want
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

This is just a simple Heer officers dagger, but it is my favorite. I think these daggers are simply elegant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012  

Here is one that I got a few weeks ago, from a local farm auction. I have been meaning to share in its own thread. I tooks some photos of it with a couple of desk lamps for lighting but I am not pleased with the lighting as the photos do not do the dagger justice. I am about to order a light box to take photos of stuff like this, as it can be fustrating with out sunlight. It is the fat handle variation kreigsmarine. The blade has a nice mirror finish which makes it harder to photograph. This dagger is not maker marked as it seems most of my daggers are not. The knot is a little tattered. I will start a new thread later with it and my other skinny handle kriegsmarine with better photos. Cheers, Robert
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012   Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012  

Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012   Show Your Favourite Dagger Purchase for 2012  

I just realized in my first photo I put the dagger in the scabbard the wrong way. Now I have gone and embarrassed myself!

?

This was my most exciting buy & sell this year:
    NSKK kettendolch by E.P.& S.

You should have sold that ugly old clunky looking ring to Me and Kept that nice chained dagger instead, Ger...lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Nice stuff chaps. I can't join in yet but I plan to spend a lot more time here next year I am being seduced by the shiny shiny.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    You should have sold that ugly old clunky looking ring to Me and Kept that nice chained dagger instead, Ger...lol

Hahahaha,

i still cherish that big shiny clunky Ring....the funny thing is it takes less space in my bedroom drawer then the NSKK did
    and the other facts are: its my ring size 21mm, it fits perfectly and its 3x the value the NSKK has

Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast