Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Social Welfare DRK Dagger - Recent Purchase

Article about: Hi again everyone. I picked up this Social Welfare dagger this week with some other pieces and this is my first. Condition is not excellent but everything seems to check out based on my rese

Default Social Welfare DRK Dagger - Recent Purchase

Hi again everyone. I picked up this Social Welfare dagger this week with some other pieces and this is my first. Condition is not excellent but everything seems to check out based on my research. I'm curious if anyone has any opinions on it. I'm wondering if they used cheaper metal with these as I notice some hairline fractures here and there. The grip has no cracks but some odd spotting. I was told this was literally an attic find and could have been up there for many decades.

I do not have a lot of collector interest in DRK items but couldn't pass it up for the right price. If anyone has interest in it, please message me. I will add it to the classifieds this weekend. Thank you!

Social Welfare DRK Dagger - Recent PurchaseSocial Welfare DRK Dagger - Recent PurchaseSocial Welfare DRK Dagger - Recent PurchaseSocial Welfare DRK Dagger - Recent Purchase

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Social Welfare DRK Dagger - Recent Purchase
    P
    Many

Other than the cracks which I can not explain...looks to be in decent condition. Even the cheapest Late RZM SA dagger I have never seen cracks in its material. Most of the time..its some type of lifting of the plating ,,never stress cracks.

Wait for more opinions. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Maybe the magnification makes the cracks look worse then they are but I agree with Larry about lifting of the plating, still a nice piece if the price was right.

?

Sorry to say Nap but this is just the start, the plating is made on a Zink potmetal base.
    What you see is a non reverseable zinkpest that will eat this dagger.
    Only way to slow down the process is to seal it of with renwax, but in time it will only get worse.
    The same can also happend to the later RLB daggers, same base same plating, here an example..
    Regards,
    Ger
    Social Welfare DRK Dagger - Recent Purchase