Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity

Article about: I'm participing in a auction and I'm not sure if those are a genuine dagger and sword. Can someone tell me what they think? Thank

Question SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity

I'm participing in a auction and I'm not sure if those are a genuine dagger and sword. Can someone tell me what they think? Thank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity   SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity  

SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity   SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity  

SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity   SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity  

Attached Images Attached Images SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity 
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-26-2013 at 10:48 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity
    P
    Many

Hello General..welcome to the forum...both knives are repro..the SS dagger having a printed motto and off center is not consistent of an Eickhorn producer..as is what The RZM7/66 code refers to as a Late period dagger. The lower crossguard does not fit the grip at all and most horribly. The dagger IMO has some parts to it..this is one to stay away from. keep searching there are beter conditioned Late SS daggers to be found.

The HJ knife is modern day repro as the scabbard leather is new and the scabbard throat opening has a lip on the top of the opening.....NO HJ dagger had this. Read through some of the Threads in the HJ section of this forum and you will visually see the differences. A great investment is to obtain Ralf Siegerts HJ reference which exhaustively explains and shows the major to minute differences when collecting these types. Here is the link to an open thread for Ralf Siegerts reference https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/hitle...cember-229419/

On the HJ blade ricasso area has in English...Solingen Germany. This is nver encountered on period examples. Save your Money! Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Also when posting multiple knives of separate branches of service..please list them separately in their own threads and in their designated forums. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank for the help and the information, it will greatly help me! You also teached something I didn't known about ss dagger and HJ, it will help me to not buy fake junk too start my collection!
    Last edited by General; 08-25-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Larry is right on General all Junk I had plenty of them starting out it can be a minefield you are wise posting them here so some of the edged weapons boys can weigh in. timothy

General this is not a shot at you but you have posted a good 20 items from that Auction and allot have been shot down as fakes..... maybe its time to look into reputable dealers there are several from your own country who are great....... Emedals.....Lakeside...
    Morris

?

gosh,i would of been duped here, the onlly thing i can remember is the lip on the hj scabbard is rimmed and is fake, the knife would of fooled me totally,especially the motto. thank goodness for people like larry, george

Hi George..I cant take all the credit..I just happened to be walking by when I saw the post..we all work together as a team..and you too George are a part of this team....hard study is the training needed to join

I changed the title of the thread as the prior title appears Stereotypical ( German Nazi SS and Waffen SS ). Not all Germans belonged to the Nazi party including a vast majority of SS men. Regards Larry

?

Here's some images of HJ knives from my collection to help you study. I hope this can help you learn the differences in the quality of real and fake ones.
    Dean.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity   SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity  

Attached Images Attached Images SS dagger and HJ knife..questions of authenticity 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast