MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Stag Police Bayo opinions needed

Article about: by Eric Zentner This blood groove, is a I beam/Fuller I detest the blood thing. Very nice I would love to have it! Eric LOL Should I dig out that old thread..just for laughs.....only joking

Default Stag Police Bayo opinions needed

Hi All, I wanted to run this one by you guys before I pick it up, looks all good to me, a nice wkc matching city police bayo, anything seem out of order with this one or does it look all good, Thank you for your help and opinions.
    P.S anyone know what S.B stands for?
    Stag Police Bayo opinions neededStag Police Bayo opinions neededStag Police Bayo opinions neededStag Police Bayo opinions neededStag Police Bayo opinions needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stag Police Bayo opinions needed
    P
    Many

Default Re: Stag Police Bayo opinions needed

Hi Max,, This looks decent,, where did you find it? I like the condition,, but see what the Bayo guys think about it. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

S.B. = Schutzpolizei Berlin. It's a beauty and all matching numbers in great shape! Now where's that portapee to go with it?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Nice one.

Thanks guys, berlin huh? wow thats cool, and I dont know......where is that portapee???? watch me buy the wrong kind lol

Very nice police bayo indeed. Am I the only one thinking the bayo frog looks out of place?

Here are some better pics of the frog, it does look black on the very front, just well worn in other areas, and the wear seems to match up with the bayo, I think the date is 1937. I am getting a very good deal on it, below what they go for these days, and I found a mint portepee, just have to choose leather or cloth...
    Stag Police Bayo opinions neededStag Police Bayo opinions neededStag Police Bayo opinions neededStag Police Bayo opinions needed

Beautiful piece. Excellent quality there.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Nice one for sure.
    From the first image it appears to be a later issue I would think as the early ones were modified (shortened) Weimar era bayo's.The groove went nearly to the tip where with your example the gloove ends higher up the blade.
    Cheers
    Dave

I cant tell, does the blood groove go to the tip of the blade or not? The grip eagle is a later production wide-winged example which might be a period replacement if this is a Weimar era produced bayonet. The frog is not proper for a Police bayonet, it should be patent leather & the heavier variety as opposed to those seen on fireman's bayonets. Nice example either way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast