Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Sword Police: original or reproduction??

Article about: Hi All, One more time i bring a dagger to verify if the piece is original or a reproduction. I appreciate the cooperation of everyone. Best regards,

?

Default Sword Police: original or reproduction??

Hi All,

One more time i bring a dagger to verify if the piece is original or a reproduction.
    I appreciate the cooperation of everyone.

Best regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Sword Police: original or reproduction??
    P
    Many

Default Re: Sword Police: original or reproduction??

The sword/scabbard appear original, but the Police eagle insignia is certainly replaced. This will badly effect the value.

Cheers, Ade.

topcop711
    ?

I agree the eagle is not original and does not fit properly down inside. Tiger? nvere senn on of those any way. Scabbard looks to be good NCO. What about the boxed SS acceptance runes on the acabbard throat?

May not have acceptance stamps, not all of the makers were, (WKC had them, but on the blade only). If the portapee is original to the sword, this would be for the Munipal Protection Police.

I've been lurking around here with no posts for awhile, just enjoying all the "pro" collectors post. I'm sure Ade and all know more than I. I'm sure if they say the knot is right..so it is. But to be sure, have you used ultra violet on the stitching? I know this is a novice statement to those in the know, but I have picked up a few things in here. If I am off-base, I'm sorry...I guess I know less than I want to know. Nice Piece. Cheers. Jer

Hi Jer, and welcome to the forum. No you are not "off base" all comments are welcome, after all that is how we all learn. A word of caution about "black lighting" anything. It is not the be all and end all of everything. It works better on paper. clearer results. It can be used on fabric, but if that fabric has been washed or cleaned at any time with "modern" products, it will glow