Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Teno Dagger - real or fake?

Article about: A piece that sells way below the relative value often does so for a reason. Someone got stung out of a lot of money, but I guess they say education is expensive.

A piece that sells way below the relative value often does so for a reason. Someone got stung out of a lot of money, but I guess they say education is expensive.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Teno Dagger - real or fake?
    P
    Many

Well...they Did manage to get a dangerous 825E out of a fool's pocket, so I guess it worked out...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2 attributes...in the uneducated collectors mind..that causes him to fall...mostly which is "surface beauty". The first being anything emblazoned with a swastika....a collector caves in when his heart begins to beat fast..thinking the item is authentic.....the other is a beautiful endowed woman. Not all that is beautiful..in collecting or romance..should be taken for granted....both of which will empty your wallet...if thought with the head and not the heart..( the TR item)...and thinking with the "smaller head"..with Romance.

These auctions are a form of art..some of the nicest stuff can be found there..if the bidder knows what they are doing and what exactly they are looking at through poorly photographed pictures.
    The other horrid thought is....someone working for the auction...( a ringer as what I call them ) sitting behind the scenes bidding on an item which no intent to buy..to drive up the price. These guys know what they are doing..and the swastika blinded collector..sees nothing else except it sitting on his shelf at home.... and the beautiful woman?....nothing left out of the 825euros for romance!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

you sound abit of an expert on this one larry is there anything you would like to share with us all? hehe

Do agree though. Trouble is you get these websites like live.auctioneers.com where they basically supply a picture from the auction house which people bid off. People don't bother driving to view the item in hand so its very easy to get fooled. Just remember these places aren't like fleabay where you kick up a stink if you don't like what you see. What you see is what you have bought and im afraid theres no comeback whatsoever!
    I bought an SS knot from Germany like this (and paid a kings ransom but that's another story) absolutely couldn't rest until it arrived through my door and id inspected it. I was very lucky but couldn't do it again because of the stress.

Just think some poor sod may have this teno landing on his doorstep before long.

.....Maybe we should say a short prayer for him

....Never know we may even get to see it again in a "is this real thread" lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2