Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

They also made these

Article about: Daniel peres scissors and muller & schmidt (pfeilringwerk) cigar cutter.... Any other items out there that were made by the top dagger makers

Default They also made these

Daniel peres scissors and muller & schmidt (pfeilringwerk) cigar cutter.... Any other items out there that were made by the top dagger makers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture They also made these   They also made these  

They also made these   They also made these  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement They also made these
    P
    Many

Default Re: They also made these

Whilst searching through hundreds of links and websites trying to I.D. manufacturers marks for answers to Larry's 'Guess the maker' thread I've come across Cut throat (straight) razors, scissors, pen knives, butchers knives, surgeons instruments, dental instruments, metal files and blacksmiths tools and other things I'm sure I've forgotten about. There's literally hundreds of myriad items made by the big names, especially the Solingen based ones!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Notice the logo.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture They also made these   They also made these  

They also made these  
    Regards,

Steve.

I consign items for people. One of my favorite clients surprised me with this pair of scissors. She' in her 80's and her late sister was in Germany during the end and after the war. Besides the scissors, she traded coffee, cigs and chocolate for nice Dresden porcelain. Anyway, any idea of the value of these scissors? She and her husband are selling items so the kids won't have to deal with them.

Thanks.Attachment 402978

My email is geoguiver@cox.net

Thanks!

Hello,
    Your attachment does not show up for me.
    Here are some guidelines for posting photos directly to the forum.
    The Forum's Original and EASY TO USE Image Hosting Feature
    Ralph.
    Quote by geoguiver View Post
    I consign items for people. One of my favorite clients surprised me with this pair of scissors. She' in her 80's and her late sister was in Germany during the end and after the war. Besides the scissors, she traded coffee, cigs and chocolate for nice Dresden porcelain. Anyway, any idea of the value of these scissors? She and her husband are selling items so the kids won't have to deal with them.

Thanks.Attachment 402978

My email is geoguiver@cox.net

Thanks!
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It would seem to me that only items made after the war would have Germany printed on the product,should it not be " made in Germany" in German. before the war?

Quote by operaman View Post
    It would seem to me that only items made after the war would have Germany printed on the product,should it not be " made in Germany" in German. before the war?
    Some items made for export before the war were marked "Germany"
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

In theory because of the McKinley act the following should apply, though not always. The following deals with pottery but was applied to all goods, though not always.

It was William McKinley (the 25th president of the USA) who introduced the highly protectionist McKinley Tariff Act of 1890 - this imposed tariffs on many imports (including pottery) in order to make it easier for the American manufacturers to sell their products. It was a requirement of this Act that all such imports carried the name of the country of manufacture.
    This provided well-known marks such as "Bavaria," "England," "Nippon," - indicating the country of manufacture.
    In 1921 the Act was amended to require the phrase "Made in" preceding the country of origin, The labeling at individual British potteries varies somewhat from the 1891/1921 dating requirements described above (e.g., Wedgwood adopted the "Made in England" around 1908/10 and may have used it on some pieces as early as 1898),
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you.