Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts On 3 knives I bought today?

Article about: I just purchased these 3 knives at an estate sale today and i was wondering if any members could answer some questions. My first question is about the one that looks like a hitler yout knife

Default Thoughts On 3 knives I bought today?

I just purchased these 3 knives at an estate sale today and i was wondering if any members could answer some questions. My first question is about the one that looks like a hitler yout knife but has the clear handle. Also it does not have the moto on the blade. Has anyone ever seen one like it. also there is the other one with the US flag on the handle but it looks like a german bayonet. Do you think it was modified in the field or changed after it was brought home. The last one has no markings and looks like a theatre made fighting knife. If anyone has information on any of these I would appreciate the help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts On 3 knives I bought today?   Thoughts On 3 knives I bought today?  

Thoughts On 3 knives I bought today?   Thoughts On 3 knives I bought today?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Thoughts On 3 knives I bought today?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Thoughts On 3 knives I bought today?

I don't know about the bayonet, it could be german but it doesn't look like it. The theater made knife you are correct on, usually done with aircraft aluminum. The HJ knife has had the handles replaced, generally this type of handle has been done with aircraft windshield material. This one is described as a transitional, it carries the RZM mark as well as the maker's name. Often found without the motto.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

thank you so much. I paid 100 total for them so i think i did good

Yes,you did good,only the hj scabbard worth about $80-$100
    Congrats

Stingray