Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$

Article about: Every Dagger collector..and even those that collect other artifacts,,can not go without one of these Digital Micrometers..... \\$10 purchase..which will pay for itself after one use. A few pho

Default Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$

Every Dagger collector..and even those that collect other artifacts,,can not go without one of these Digital Micrometers..... $10 purchase..which will pay for itself after one use. A few photos below...shows the device with the attachments to measure the inner and outer radius...accurate to .002mm.

An example is to see the varied dagger types..especially the mottos distance to the crossguard. Templates were applied by hand before the acid etch process..so there will be a few millimeters variance in applications.

Other measurements of fittings to see consistency..from one dagger to another can be compared for record keeping. Great tool to have....so the question is..Whats in your tool box?? Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$   Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$  

Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$   Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$  

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$
    P
    Many

I have a vernier caliper the same as that, and two others, the longest being over 4' long. I used them everyday in my steel stockholding and shearing business to check tolerances.

My favorite item that aids my collecting is a 40x jewellers loupe with white and ultra violet LED lights. For less than £12.00 it's a great bit of kit that I can't do without.

Regards,Ned.

Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Yes absolutely..a jewelers loupe IMO is a #1 must...if delving into this hobby
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I don`t have one of them electronicy things,just an old-fashioned dial type,cost me more than $10 too...........Pete.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$   Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$  

JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Im a cheapass, no micrometer, but....... i have lasersight

but indeed a decent micrometer would be an asset, i do have that Loupe
    Thing came in hand looking at the 12cm Marine Dagger with Ivory grip, details revealed by the Loupe!

Ger

?

Okay, so now I have digital micrometer envy.

Thaaaaaank you!

I must be tighter again! this is my one (note where it's made though )
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$  

I'm not sure where to begin to tell you what is in my tool box!
    Which tool box? I have a variety of vernier micrometers, digital,(multiple) dial and regular. I sometimes actually prefer the dial ones because they are easier and quicker to see the difference when compariing two items, (like drill bits). Drill bits that go down to .004 ". Taps and dies that are sized as small as 00-90. (That is size 00 with 90 threads per inch). Pin vices that will hold .002" The small items that look like needles are actually tapered reamers down to about .004" and some tools that I have had to make myself.
    Ralph.

Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$   Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Every Dagger collector..and even those that collect other artifacts,,can not go without one of these Digital Micrometers..... $10 purchase..which will pay for itself after one use. A few photos below...shows the device with the attachments to measure the inner and outer radius...accurate to .002mm.

Regards Larry
    Hi Larry,
    That is cheap! I don't know how anyone that measures anything to any degree of accuracy can go without one. Mine were a little more expensive.
    I have so many files that I have likely spent multiple hundreds of dollars on. I have one jewellers file that has a working surface 1" long and 1/8th" wide that cost me $16.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    I have a vernier caliper the same as that, and two others, the longest being over 4' long. I used them everyday in my steel stockholding and shearing business to check tolerances.

My favorite item that aids my collecting is a 40x jewellers loupe with white and ultra violet LED lights. For less than £12.00 it's a great bit of kit that I can't do without.

Regards,Ned.

Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$Tools of the trade...spend a little save thousand$$
    So Ned.......where do you get a loop with UV? I have a 40x but only has a white light.......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast