Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine

Article about: These TR daggers will be coming up for auction near me and I was wondering if they look correct. I have not yet acquired an eye for the little things like mismatched parts or restored items.

Default TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine

These TR daggers will be coming up for auction near me and I was wondering if they look correct. I have not yet acquired an eye for the "little things" like mismatched parts or restored items.

TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, KriegsmarineTR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine
    Thank You
    Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine
    P
    Many

?

I'm not an expert like some on this forum. If at the very least my help would be in "bumping" this post. However, that 1st model Luft looks VERY clean. Almost looks as though it was "painted." As some scratches are present that look to be "in the paint." You referred to "restoring" in your post and although this pics are not numerous for me to see if painting was applied here - it looks to be that way...

--Duff

The Lufty is also rather short to me!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

?

Hi Matt,
    I don't get very excited when I look at these daggers. I was wondering if there are any scabbards. I think these are all parts daggers but let me comment on the navy, heer and luftwaffe dagger. The luftwaffe dagger is too short, not only the blade but also the crossguard arms. Here's a picture for comparison. The navy blade is definately fake. Just look at this link to compare:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ection-342128/
    The army dagger has the most potential but I'm not too sure about the grip. The crossguard is definately Höller and the blade looks ok too but without a scabbard I wouldn't be interested.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine  

Hello dear friends!
    1st. model luftwaffe dagger is interesting because of it extremely good quality - but I never saw dagger which is similar to yours - too short blade and crossguard arms, in my opinion it is some kind of "Fantasy" dagger, which never exist during Third Reich era. Wehrmacht dagger - try to look like nice F. & W. Holler example, but I don´t like marker mark - https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/milit...n-dsc01449.jpg try to compare it with this Holler mark, in my opinion it is reproduction. I never add example like this into my collection, in short I ´m not sure if this dagger is authentic, despite fact crossguard (Holler 3rd. pattern and pommel - E. Pack) looks good.

Hope it helps.

Regards Peter

?

The pictures are not very clear but a Holler trademark with 11 ticks down one side of the thermometer does exist. The one Peter shows has 17 ticks on one side of the thermometer. Here is a doubtless original with 11 ticks.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine  

?

It is very difficult to photograph but the late Höller blade is the only blade to my knowledge with "double crossgrain". Let me explain. On the two sides of the blade the crossgrain is like we normally see. But in the middle of the blade the crossgrain is longitudinal to the blade. A very interesting characteristic of the late Höller blade. You can see it on the previous picture and also on this late Höller from my collection. Hope the photograph shows what I mean. The well known dealer Lakesidetrader was the first to point this out to me.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine   TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine  

TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine   TR daggers; heer, Luftwaffe, SA, Kriegsmarine  

?

Here the same picture with some arrows to point out the directions of the crossgrain.

Hi Danny, thanks for information about holler mark! We are still learning. Holler blades are very interesting and your information is very valuable!

Regards Peter

Awesome information guys. The group knowledge here is amazing and why I love this place.

Danny you have one amazing collection and I'm positive I'll end up referencing your KM thread again in the future. Hopefully near future. In 5 years of collecting I've only handled 1 salty Holler KM, 3 army (one salty w/ hangers and maker's mark, one so salty I never looked twice, and one really nice unmarked w/o scabbard hanger or portepee), and one first model Luftwaffe dagger with a corroded pommel but otherwise in nice condition.
    I'll definitely have to check the grain pattern of the Army. Unfortunately there are no scabbards w/ them.

Thank You very much
    Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast