Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Trench knife

Article about: Hi all, I have a German trenchknife which i think is a WW1. Can anyone help identify it? I have a small boy in the house and dont feel happy so may sell it. Does anyone know how much it is w

scooterkrazy
    ?

Default Trench knife

Hi all,

I have a German trenchknife which i think is a WW1. Can anyone help identify it? I have a small boy in the house and dont feel happy so may sell it. Does anyone know how much it is worth please?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench knife  

2. # ADS

?

Default re: Trench knife

Yes,it appears to be German, could be WW1, are there any marks, do you have a photo of the other side?

scooterkrazy
    ?

no marks and other side is the same

Hi !

You own an German WWI trench-knife.

Your knife is private purchased and it´s the most common German WWI-trench knife !

There´re many makers, p.e.:

F.A. Nippel, ERN, Gebr. Dittmar, Böker, Jetter & Scheerer, Demag, Josef Feist, Leupold, and so on, and so on ...

Most of them don´t show any marks, some of them show the logo of the maker, some of them show an acceptance-stamp, some of them show all ...

OK, You have a small boy in the house but, please tell me how you are cutting onions, raw meat, bread, ...
    Do you have any scissors in your household , or a carpet-knife ?

All of these tools are much more dangerous, than a dull WWI trench-knife, believe me !

Cheers,

R.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench knife   Trench knife  

?

Nice "Pile 'o Knives" there.

And I agree, except will add a dull knife is more dangerous than a sharp one.

This should not be taken as advice to sharpen your trench knife, however.

regards

?

Default Re: Trench knife

I have only four trench knifes (three have the imperial acceptance marks, and one is a field modified of a bayonet). The reason that I asked about the marks and for a photo of the other side, by this being a private purchased item, it could even be call a pre WW2 trench knife. I do not know how much you are looking to get for it; I think they are getting $50.00 to $100.00 on e-bay. Missing the strap I think closer to the 50 bucks. It has been a while but I gave between 25 and 40 bucks for my trench knifes. If I were you I would put the knife in a draw, and I bet in a few years, your small boy, would love to have it in his collection.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Trench knife  

scooterkrazy
    ?

many thanks for your advice. I have been offered £35 for it. Which got me thinking about how much it is worth. I may just lock it up and give it to my boy when he is older.

Quote by scooterkrazy View Post
    ... I have been offered £35 for it. Which got me thinking about how much it is worth. ...
    Not really an bad offer for a trench-knife in that condition !

Quote by Georg View Post
    ... It has been a while but I gave between 25 and 40 bucks for my trench knifes. ...
    Good deal !