Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Unknown bayonet and sword

Article about: I am researching a bayonet and sword and cant seem to find much information on either one. If anybody can lend a hand I would appreciate it.

Default Unknown bayonet and sword

I am researching a bayonet and sword and cant seem to find much information on either one. If anybody can lend a hand I would appreciate it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unknown bayonet and sword   Unknown bayonet and sword  

Unknown bayonet and sword   Unknown bayonet and sword  

Unknown bayonet and sword   Unknown bayonet and sword  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unknown bayonet and sword
    P
    Many

The bayonet looks like a heavily modified French Gras bayo. The scabbard appears to be a personally engraved Italian M1891. I have not seen a factory engraved one anyway.. That might help get you started. I cannot comment on the sword.
    John

The bayonet is an Italian Carcano rifle bayonet. These originate from 1871 onwards and were much longer initially. They continued to be used during WW1 and WW2, being shortened each time.

It looks like someone has had a go at etching/engraving the blade and the brass on the scabbard but I'm no expert on this.

As for the sword, it looks like some sort of Prussian / Imperial Germany era weapon. Hopefully someone will shed light on it for you.

Thanks Gents on the identity of these 2 types

For the Sword ..please post it in the Imperial forum here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/imper...ustro-hungary/

and for the Bayonet please post it here > https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/bayon...-knives-world/

Please start 2 nes threads in the forums listed above.
    This thread will be closed .

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill