Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger

Article about: hello people been offered these items would like some opinions please not 100% sure about the pen knife has anyone seen one before?

Default waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger

hello people been offered these items would like some opinions please not 100% sure about the pen knife has anyone seen one before?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger   waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger  

waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger   waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger

lufty dagger looks ok IMO , penknife is a fantasy item .

Im not sure on the logo being a Krebs Luft logo as this is one I have never seen. If there is another example matching this logo somewhere someone please post it. Here is a Krebs 2nd luft logo below. The logo looks in the photo as a recent etch,, but macro pics would be helpful. The ferrule ring and the pommel gives me a few doubts. Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

The Logo is ok Larry i see what you mean on the ferrule dosent seem to match the pommel and crossguard but i quite like the dagger
    cheers Ronnie

?

I am by no means an expert or even close to knowing what I'm talking about.Total student in learning on these.
    But should'nt the tang have billet marks?
    One more question is, what is the cross in the square on the blade stand for?
    I am just trying to learn from the experts, so any clarification on the issues would be great.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks Ronnie on the logo information!........I would still like to see for reference purposes the use of this logo on another dagger and for posting in our Luft, Heer and Kriegsmarine logo rarity thread.

@ Phil...the cross in the square is a forge marking that identifies the producer or sub contractor who produced the blade for them,, prior to the producer placing their logo on the blade. I dont know this makers forge marking or who it belongs to. This particular blade ,,I am still not sure of as some 2nd Luft tangs were more squared. I would like to hear more from the other members on this type of tang as I am not knowledgeable with this particular part, in subject. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks for that info Larry. The tang with flattened/squared edges is what I was told & read are Billet marks(where the blade was held while forged) My second pattern Luft and my SA dagger have those billet marks. I was told and read that is how to tell if the blade is correct. But like mentioned, I am a student in learning and will always listen to what the experts have to say.
    Thanks Again
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Julius Krebs and Peter D. Krebs are two totally different entities.

Thanks Paul on the entity identification,, much appreciated.... and thanks again Ronnie also,, I found a Julius Krebs logo but with a rounder outer circle,, below. regards Larry
    Attached Images Attached Images waffen ss pen knife/luftwaffe dagger 

Yea, Larry the maker mark on the luft is a stamped logo on a plated blade, the example above is etched on a SA maybe?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast