Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Water Customs Dagger

Article about: Hello all, My Great Uncle had this Water Customs Dagger in his collection, and I would like to find out more about it. I know that these are rare pieces, so, given its condition, I was looki

A crudely aged repro, would be my opinion...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Water Customs Dagger
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

Too bad it's a fake , but I guess they been making fakes since 1945 after all .

CBH
    ?

I guess it was another Long Con , like many fishing expaditions once the jig was up , the poster was gone like a Fart in the Wind . Too bad we get so many of these types of posters , but the world is full of a**holes . And I'll try and help the next crook to come along too , until they run off also .
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-16-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Not being a douche at all Billy,

I fully appreciate your input. (Sorry for the late response btw, but I haven't been on the forum in a couple of months and time got away from me). I have no idea if he was sure of the dagger's authenticity. He died last December unfortunately after having suffered a stroke the previous Spring. I have no idea where or how he came by this dagger, but my guess is he picked it up on one of his many trips to Germany to visit his wife's family, or when the cruise ship he worked on traveled there.

He was an antique collector but I know he had been sold some other fake items, as my family and I have spent the past 2 years going through and researching his extensive antique collection.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond, and if there are any other pictures you would want to look at of the piece, I would be more than happy to oblige.

Thanks again,

Dan

Hey CBH,

No crook here but I can see why it seemed like it, and I know collecting is full of unsavory characters. I haven't been on the forum in several months, as I stopped receiving email notifications of replies to the thread, and life got in the way.

Regards,

Dan

Damn,

I guess he got conned wherever he picked this up. I hope he didn't pay too much for it.

Thanks for your input and I apologize for the late response.

Regards,

Dan

Thanks for the reply Wagriff,

I apologize for the late response but I haven't been on the forum for a couple of months. I know nothing about German daggers so I appreciate all the input from you guys on here. I hope my Uncle didn't get taken for too much whenever and wherever he picked this up!
    -Dan

I would like to apologize to all the posters on this thread for my absence and late responses to your input. Thank you all very much for your input and advice on reputable dealers for future reference, as I plan on starting to collect at some point. It is disappointing to learn that the dagger is a forgery, but all in all it will make a cool letter opener to freak out house guests. I look forward to using this forum for the wonderful resource that it is, and thank you all once again for taking the time to educate me.

P.S. Big shout out to CBH for being a great guy and helping out all the crooks and a**holes!!

Sincerely,

Dan

CBH
    ?

Hey Dan , Just prove me wrong and i'll help you out all I can . When someone posts a Fake with a great story then disappears , what does that lead you to believe ? There are plenty of fly-by-night posters on this forum and they get tiring after a while . Hope to see you post some Good items in the future .

I can't blame you for thinking this a scam, but I had to jab you a little because, though I'm not a crook, I am in fact an a**hole.

I look forward to getting my hands on some good items to post.

Regards,

Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2