Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

What is this dagger?Real or fake?

Article about: Hello i would like your help to identify what is this dagger and if its authentic.If it is , what could be its value?Thank you!

Default What is this dagger?Real or fake?

Hello i would like your help to identify what is this dagger and if its authentic.If it is , what could be its value?Thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What is this dagger?Real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

I am surprised you don't have more replies, I am not a expert, but I have seen many daggers, and spoken to many dealers and collectors ,besides I have a few myself . you probably already have the answer you are looking for, but here's my 2 cents, to me it looks like a parts dagger. a bit of advice if you know the type of dagger you want to buy, do some homework on the item before you make the purchase, Good luck.

A Frankensteined K98 bayo
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

It is as Larry says, a fantasy construction from parts.

?

Quote by jaspar4 View Post
    Hello i would like your help to identify what is this dagger and if its authentic.If it is , what could be its value?Thank you!

Is this made by E&F HORSTER SOLINGEN? It looks like it could be a Bulgarian dress bayonet.

?

It does look like a Bulgarian dress bayonet.....Pete.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

Found this Post about a rather similar piece: Bulgarian bayonet

?

It's frustrating how many times you see something unusual instantly called a fake on forums. A simple Google search for 'lion head bayonet" can bring up enough results to point you in the right direction for further research.

Quote by sb98 View Post
    Is this made by E&F HORSTER SOLINGEN? It looks like it could be a Bulgarian dress bayonet.
    That was my thought even before I saw the whole picture but not being what I consider sufficiently qualified (I haven't collected bayonets for almost 30 years) I didn't think to offer an opinion

Maybe I have retained more than I thought.

I also thought these were made by Horster for Bulgaria?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    That was my thought even before I saw the whole picture but not being what I consider sufficiently qualified (I haven't collected bayonets for almost 30 years) I didn't think to offer an opinion

Maybe I have retained more than I thought.

I also thought these were made by Horster for Bulgaria?

Regards

Mark
    Hey Mark,

Here's my unsolicited 2 cents worth. You shouldn’t worry about not being “sufficiently qualified” to make a comment, and don’t be put off from posting because you have a different opinion than some who have posted earlier. You were right about this one.

It’s great when people use documentation, photos, etc. to support their position in forum threads. Posting things like “it’s fake and you should believe me because I post a lot”, or “I’ve never seen one of those, it must not be real” is not helpful and leads to confusion, and even good items being tainted with a cloud of doubt. We’d all learn a lot more if people presented evidence to back up their claims rather than just making definitive statements.